2023/24 Alex Iwobi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shouldn’t let him go without a replacement- last nights first half horror show showed the paucity of our second string

Didn’t elaborate in my post but I meant generally £15m for him is poor value in today’s market.

He’s worth that much because he’s only got a year left on his deal, not because he’s worth that much generally.

On a longer contract I’d expect us to get minimum £10m more for him - my point was that our management of his contract has cost us a lot.

As you say though, if we sell him it’s profit on the books and we can hopefully reinvest elsewhere.

If we sold Iwobi and bought Gnonto, I’d be delighted. If we sold him and bought Cornet, I’d be gutted.

If £15m is a steal then there really should be more interest than Fulham shouldn’t there.

Didn’t elaborate in my post but I meant generally £15m for him is poor value in today’s market.

He’s worth that much because he’s only got a year left on his deal, not because he’s worth that much generally.

On a longer contract I’d expect us to get minimum £10m more for him - my point was that our management of his contract has cost us a lot.

As you say though, if we sell him it’s profit on the books and we can hopefully reinvest elsewhere.

If we sold Iwobi and bought Gnonto, I’d be delighted. If we sold him and bought Cornet, I’d be gutted.
Massively disagree with that top part; think anything over £10m for a player that hade it clear he ain’t signing is fantastic business. Nothing was stopping Fulham waiting till January and either agreeing a contract for the summer or low balling Everton massively.

For his wage, he doesn’t produce. You can’t have an £80k player who averages a 2 goals a season. The stats thing is massively overplayed.

For me, people like him, doucoure and gray are part of the problem. They regularly don’t produce enough and they’re supposed to be out attacking threat

If £15m is a steal then there really should be more interest than Fulham shouldn’t there.

Fair point but if we signed a player from Fulham with his stats for £15m, everyone would be excited about it.

Again it really depends what happens by the deadline, if we sign the right players we’ll end up with a stronger squad and no one could argue with it.

Massively disagree with that top part; think anything over £10m for a player that hade it clear he ain’t signing is fantastic business. Nothing was stopping Fulham waiting till January and either agreeing a contract for the summer or low balling Everton massively.

For his wage, he doesn’t produce. You can’t have an £80k player who averages a 2 goals a season. The stats thing is massively overplayed.

For me, people like him, doucoure and gray are part of the problem. They regularly don’t produce enough and they’re supposed to be out attacking threat
It could be that I’m blinded by how bad our recruitment has been for so long.

I don’t have any faith that our board will deliver and to me its a concern that we’d be without (in my view) one of our best players.

But we’ll just put someone in Iwobi’s place (like Jack Harrison who we’ve signed) who’ll create the chances instead? People act like we’re losing a player from the starting XI and playing with 10 men as a result.

We won’t miss Iwobi. Since he’s become a key player for us we’ve done nothing but lose and battle relegation. I’ll be made up to never have to read his name in the Everton forum again or watch him waddle about pretend pressing on a football pitch.
Bringing in Harrison gave us options and depth it meant the squad was better but if we just replace Iwobi and gray with danjuma and Harrison I don’t think that’s much of an improvement and it’s replacing 2 permanent players with 2 loans so it’s not great in that sense either. Dobbin is playing at the moment and looks well short of the quality we need so I think if Iwobi goes somebody needs to replace him it’s not that he’s amazing but he is an important player and Harrison is at best a very very small improvement on him.

Fair point but if we signed a player from Fulham with his stats for £15m, everyone would be excited about it.

Again it really depends what happens by the deadline, if we sign the right players we’ll end up with a stronger squad and no one could argue with it.
If we signed an attacking midfielder for £15m and he had played 123 matches, scored 6 goals and contributed 11 assists I would be fuming

He’s the same crab who did absolutely nothing but for 4-5 months under Lampard.

What are we getting for him though? Anything sub £10m is disgraceful.

Tell me whatever you want, but cause of those few months, he’s now given a pass.
IMG_8553.jpeg

Another expensive mistake.

123 league games, 6 goals, 11 assists is not what you want from a winger.

Why didn’t Liverpool go for Iwobi over Mac Allister for half the price seeing as he’s clearly better than him according to that table?

You’re such a toad arent you.

Im just saying that Iwobi created chances last season and now with actual attackers to finish them we should be looking to replace him with someone that can play centrally. Harrison is a winger by the way.

Status
Not open for further replies.