Match Thread Sheffield United v Everton - Preview, Match Report & MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Chermitti should have got last ten. Fee dyche won’t trust him now after hauling him off last game.
Maybe, but he looked absolutely miles off it against Doncaster let's be honest. Looked no better than any of the awful strikers we've had over the years. It's no criticism of him, he's young, new and inexperienced. Should really be out on loan.

The two goals Sheffield scored are squarely on Dyche and the way he's got them set up. Go back and have a look at the space in front of the CBs, not just for the two goals. He may have got Gana to sit deeper as the second half went on but the horse had already bolted and against a half decent team the game would have been out of sight. And if he thinks Gana is the answer to the no.6 position he's delusional. Its amazing for a strategy that's meant to play narrow and tight that so much space exists in front of the CB.

The quality of Pattern's assist had a lot to do with Beto's pass. He's poor going forward and is seems clueless at time in how to work with his CB. There seems to be no improvement.

Gana doesn't control his area like a 6 should, He's good at chasing and the chase tackle, that's about it; need much more fromm that position at this level.

For the positions Young got in his crossing was woeful.

Danjuma should've assisted for a second and won the game then and there. Offered little else other than the tap in.
Make me wonder if I'm watching the same game.

Onana class.

Kinell. Onana poor kinell. Thats a weird one lol

I went for Branthwaite but could have been Onana, Pickford or Beto.
Won a few headers but at fault for the first goal, really, really lazy attempt at closing down the cross. Thought that was one of a few times when he was caught ambling to the ball.

I actually rate him, but was off it today I thought

Maybe, but he looked absolutely miles off it against Doncaster let's be honest. Looked no better than any of the awful strikers we've had over the years. It's no criticism of him, he's young, new and inexperienced. Should really be out on loan.
Conversely he looked no worse than a striker that got a number of games under his belt last season and now is on loan at Brentford

Conversely he looked no worse than a striker that got a number of games under his belt last season and now is on loan at Brentford
Heh very true. But at least Maupay had his chances and fluffed them all. Cherms will get that luxury over tbf next 12 months I'm sure, but he should deffo be on loan!

Better than we have been and good to break our scoring duck. Too many silly mistakes though. Kept gifting Sheffield the ball with bad passing and releasing any pressure on them and inviting it onto us.

Anyway, onwards and upwards.

Pickford by far our MOTM. Unlucky with the own goal but made a lot of good saves. Our defence and midfield is still very weak and easy to beat. Our wingers are not helping out defensively and our full backs both hate defending, it's so obvious.

Status
Not open for further replies.