2023/24 Sean Dyche

Poor team selection that today. I well thought garner and onana would be in the middle today after the last two performances. Gana gueye isnt playing well enough and i thought garner would take his place. Gana gueye stops onana playing. How mcneil played 75 minutes i dont know. He looked off the pace to me. Not having a go but he looked lethargic and went missing second half. We have created and missed alot of chances in our home games but cant keep making excuse. Dyches record speaks for itself.

@bbcsport Dyche: “It’s a hard one to swallow. In difficult conditions today I thought we (Everton) deserved not just one but all three points. To come away with nothing is tough on the players who put a good shift in. I’m not sure if these the conditions, bad luck or the nervousness around Goodison but we will shake ourselves down and go again. It’s a competitive league with no easy games”.
You can tell this is fake cos he never mentioned the noise or hard yards once.

If you are 3xg in a game and you lose then it’s not on the manager no matter how much you want to blame him for wrong team choice or subs

3xg and 1 goal and conceding 2 set pieces

100% on the players this time and it’s time the fan base acknowledges that

@bbcsport Dyche: “It’s a hard one to swallow. In difficult conditions today I thought we (Everton) deserved not just one but all three points. To come away with nothing is tough on the players who put a good shift in. I’m not sure if these the conditions, bad luck, my bollox decisions and inability to coach a functioning team, or the nervousness around Goodison but we will shake ourselves down and go again. It’s a competitive league with no easy games”.
Corrected

Setup way too narrow (again), i'm seeing very little aggression also, they bullied us at times, especially that number 9.

Did we even pick up a second ball in that second half? Seemed like the plan second half was hoof it to Harrison and hope he could get a cross in. Nothing centrally at all or in and around the box.

First time he has come close to really criticising the players since he has been here, on the official site interview too. Seemed hacked off. That goes one of two ways when you challenge an Everton squad’s focus and balls, and based on the last 267 managers, we know how it ends.

@bbcsport Dyche: “It’s a hard one to swallow. In difficult conditions today I thought we (Everton) deserved not just one but all three points. To come away with nothing is tough on the players who put a good shift in. I’m not sure if these the conditions, bad luck or the nervousness around Goodison but we will shake ourselves down and go again. It’s a competitive league with no easy games”.
I hope you're on a wind up with that Chico.

Did you make that up or did he really have the nerve to say that? Holy sh*t.

I’ve barely written anything negative on the guy, but giving up two goals on set pieces to a mid-table Championship side is unforgivable and it’s on him. The team was not prepared to defend corners.
It's strange to me. Maybe there's a need to be all clever and cute with tactics, but why can't we just man mark? We're probably the tallest side in the league. Player on each post, man mark those in the box. If there are too many opposition players for us to have a man on each post, take a player off the post. If they go short well we ought to be about to stop that and not leave men over in the box. Not rocket science, although Dyche would probably have you believe it is.

I just don't think they do any kind of tactical training.

Luton, lads. LUTON.

They couldn't even play a home game in the prem because of how small time they are. Dyche sets up against them like they're City. WE ARE THE HOME SIDE FFS.
We should have started two up front today and had Garner in the middle and Harrison on the right.

He handed Luton the opportunity to get a foot hold in that game.