2023/24 Sean Dyche

When you are struggling for form and results and all of sudden you stumble across something that works why would you change it?

Only stubbornness or being thick is the only thing i can think of.
Because we were away from home. The difference is huge. When we're at home were the team with the ball and we've to break down these sides and that requires the manager to change personnel and formation.

What irks me is that there was such a willingness to blame the players with Lampard and we aren't seeing that with Dyche even though they are being given chances to turn the story around. He will ultimately pay the price for it but I don't want us just employing some 'progressive' manager for them to fail and for the fans to say 'ye on the players this'. The mental factor to football is huge and there's clearly been a huge block in the players mindsets at goodison for a few managers now.
Stop with this BS about goodison when the majority of players haven’t been here that long

This is a manager incompetency issue

Dyche needs to change he is too slow to change anything I reckon he is the type who hasn’t changed his bills for a Week or two.We have to get somebody in to drill these on set pieces conceding far too many especially from a team that has players who are as tall as Onana ,branthwaite Beto dcl.we can’t clear the ball and when we do it come straight back at us we never leave a player up the pitch to relieve the pressure and give us any time to get out,we don’t leave anybody 10/15 yards outside our area.

Last edited:
Because we were away from home. The difference is huge. When we're at home were the team with the ball and we've to break down these sides and that requires the manager to change personnel and formation.
We had plenty of chances. xG doesn’t tell you anything your eyes don’t see.

They had their only chances on set pieces. It’s criminal that a squad with our size and a manager with his reputation were so ill-prepared

Mate we are never the team with the ball home or away because he has no idea how to build up play consistently.
There are no excuses for him, none.

We should be smothering teams like Luton at home don't let them out of their half unless they launch it

He'll probably
Dyche constantly bangs on about “changing the story”

Trouble is it’s now firmly on him to of attempted that.

He’s failed
The book needs to be closed on his particular sorry story. We stayed up in spite of him last season, not because of him. And now he needs to go because he's wasted a 6th of the season and we're absolutely nailed on for relegation if this goes on much longer - we've only played one good team so far and we could be joint bottom by the end of the weekend.

Post match interview is so predictable and what really annoys me about these defensive pragmatist managers. “Got in lots of good positions, lots of chances but just didn’t get the final ball, over hit the pass or cross, it’s these small details”.

They don’t seem to realise that quality in the final third scores goals. You pick “safe players” to try and be solid, then don’t complain when they don’t come up with moments of composure and quality in the last pass in the final third.

Its the players you pick you bald tool.

Post match interview is so predictable and what really annoys me about these defensive pragmatist managers. “Got in lots of good positions, lots of chances but just didn’t get the final ball, over hit the pass or cross, it’s these small details”.

They don’t seem to realise that quality in the final third scores goals. You pick “safe players” to try and be solid, then don’t complain when they don’t come up with moments of composure and quality in the last pass in the final third.

Its the players you pick you bald tool.
Mate the players on the bench didn't exactly improve us either