2023/24 James Garner

Thought

Come on. He played the whole second half there and we lost complete control of the game. We all dream of an Onana and Garner midfield dominanting games but that isn't the reality right now.

Again, this makes no sense.

We were bypassing midfield most of the 2nd half.

The times he received the ball Luton were already defending along with our players adding to a mass in front of him.

Other than hit 30 yard shots what would you expect him and Onana to be doing?

They should have started and the ball shouldnt have become an agricultural tool.

Keep the ball on the deck, play through them and we'll look better.

Thought

Come on. He played the whole second half there and we lost complete control of the game. We all dream of an Onana and Garner midfield dominanting games but that isn't the reality right now.

Agreed but the game got scrappy after the half time break and they had their talk and changed their plan as they actually had something to protect for the first time in their premiere league history .

If dyche had played two wingers and garner in the middle in the first half… maybe things would have been different

Thought

Personally thought it was more down the lack of creativity than the midfield 2. We dominated the ball which is what you want.

But breaking down 2 banks of 4 with the players we have isn't going to work.

Was more disappointed with the balls in the box 2nd half. No enough of them and not enough quality.

Again, this makes no sense.

We were bypassing midfield most of the 2nd half.

The times he received the ball Luton were already defending along with our players adding to a mass in front of him.

Other than hit 30 yard shots what would you expect him and Onana to be doing?

They should have started and the ball shouldnt have become an agricultural tool.

Keep the ball on the deck, play through them and we'll look better.
The one aspect that needs to improve when we are in possession, is the speed we move the ball across the pitch. It’s to slow from the defence into the midfield, the midfield need to move to give options on the ball.

Last 15 mins of the game the amount of space Harrison had on the right but the ball was too late getting to him.

Personally thought it was more down the lack of creativity than the midfield 2. We dominated the ball which is what you want.

But breaking down 2 banks of 4 with the players we have isn't going to work.

Was more disappointed with the balls in the box 2nd half. No enough of them and not enough quality.

Maybe I was a bit harsh on them. The big problem is our full backs give us absolutely nothing so it makes defending for the opposition so much easier.

Maybe I was a bit harsh on them. The big problem is our full backs give us absolutely nothing so it makes defending for the opposition so much easier.

Them going 2 up away from home and then sitting in would be difficult for any side especially in the bottom half.

We shagged it even though we attacked well 1st half.

The one aspect that needs to improve when we are in possession, is the speed we move the ball across the pitch. It’s to slow from the defence into the midfield, the midfield need to move to give options on the ball.

Last 15 mins of the game the amount of space Harrison had on the right but the ball was too late getting to him.

Their players were basically defending and standing off which is why we had space on the right.

Im not sure if it was panic or just a lack of tactical acumen but the goals they scored were from set pieces and there was no need for us to revert to predictable long balls when we were on top with the ball on the deck.

Dyche cost us the points through lack of set piece coaching and poor team selection prior to the direct style we used in 2nd half.

I really feel for Garner. He has to watch the misfiring 3 of Doucoure, Onana and Gana play week after week whilst he is shunted out to the right wing. Then he gets a chance in the centre against Villa midweek, has a great game, as does Onana playing alongside him. Then it comes to Saturday against Luton, a game crying out for some guile and composure in the middle of the pitch and he is rewarded for his performance midweek by being shoved back out to the right wing. Dyche has managed him appallingly.

When our players takes a touch to stop the ball before passing, thats changing the speed of our movement by quite a lot, giving every team and their grandma time to get back into position. I dont understand why we do it. I wonder if the players are told to go long, making them stop to look for a long ball every time they recieve the ball. Its the only logical reason.

I really feel for Garner. He has to watch the misfiring 3 of Doucoure, Onana and Gana play week after week whilst he is shunted out to the right wing. Then he gets a chance in the centre against Villa midweek, has a great game, as does Onana playing alongside him. Then it comes to Saturday against Luton, a game crying out for some guile and composure in the middle of the pitch and he is rewarded for his performance midweek by being shoved back out to the right wing. Dyche has managed him appallingly.
Honest to god you can see half of youse never watched the game he played in the middle the whole second half and guess what - he was much better in the first half when he was out wide!

When our players takes a touch to stop the ball before passing, thats changing the speed of our movement by quite a lot, giving every team and their grandma time to get back into position. I dont understand why we do it. I wonder if the players are told to go long, making them stop to look for a long ball every time they recieve the ball. Its the only logical reason.
I think it’s the opposite we go long because we can’t move the ball well enough to do anything else that’s why we see them knock it about for ages trying to find a way of playing through a team but then they can’t do it and do end up knocking it long instead if they were setting up just to knock it long they’d do it straight away.

Yes theyre definitely under instructions to go long at times. No doubt about it as the players wouldnt suddenly decide to completely bypass midfield...theyre not so stupid.

Honest to god you can see half of youse never watched the game he played in the middle the whole second half and guess what - he was much better in the first half when he was out wide!

Do you think that may have been because we didnt use the central midfield in the 2nd half?

Shot in the dark there...helps to actually be passed the ball on the floor without a mass of players in front of you.