2023/24 Sean Dyche

What I think of when he starts waffling about xG to try and prove he’s not a dinosaur and follows modern methods.

IMG_5257.jpeg

Forgotten the term but as i posted last night theres another term for the metric which calculates 'almost certain' goals. Iwobi was on 4 of those created last season and Onana was on 3 this season after 3 games.

Cant remember the name, @BlueToff @TheBigIguana @Nymzee do you guys know?

Should never have sacked him, a popular manager with the squad who was short a defensive midfielder.
'Big chances created' not sure of 'almost certain goals mate' myself.

FWIW, hard to get anything of xG over .9. It has to be a tap in like Dom's

He doesn't seem to want that win as badly as we do, it's weird. The presser is tiring, but hope it's our win come weekend. Even if he wins with the same tactics and team, it needs to be said that his overall inability to 'adapt' is what makes the 3 points at Bournemouth as important as it is for everyone.

Just a obnoxious arrogant poor excuse as a football manager. He will not get any better as he simply does not know how to.
And refuses to, as that would mean change. And also an acceptance that he could be wrong and outdated..
And that is never gonna happen.

Reminds me of a couple of our recent Tragic appointments.. To big in the game ( in there own heads ) to be questioned on tactics/management.
When really the game left them behind years/decades ago..

Dyche is the kind of man to be playing Garner in the centre if we were calling for him to be on the wing..

Sing the praises of Gana/Young, and they would lose there spots for the nxt game..

Bloody Dychebag !!!

I don't think there is a whole lot of malice, at least towards the fans. It is more incompetence than anything else.
But we all hope we can put our record behind us and get a result this weekend.

'Big chances created' not sure of 'almost certain goals mate' myself.

FWIW, hard to get anything of xG over .9. It has to be a tap in like Dom's

Might be the same metric but theres a different name, begins with an A i think.

Still on 4 sadly.

Garner and Onana both on 4. Pretty good numbers.

And refuses to, as that would mean change. And also an acceptance that he could be wrong and outdated..
And that is never gonna happen.

Reminds me of a couple of our recent Tragic appointments.. To big in the game ( in there own heads ) to be questioned on tactics/management.
When really the game left them behind years/decades ago..

Dyche is the kind of man to be playing Garner in the centre if we were calling for him to be on the wing..

Sing the praises of Gana/Young, and they would lose there spots for the nxt game..

Bloody Dychebag !!!
Totally agreed , I worked a few years ago with an elderly Burnley season ticket holder (Yes they do have one), he was over the moon when he left.

Worst home start in 65 years. But dont worry. Best XG in 8 years.
XG has to be one of the shittiest fads to come into football now.
You're either scoring or you're not. Its funny how you never hear a winning team mention XG. Only those that lose looking for excuses.
I'm not xg fan boy but every club uses this metric in their analysis. Including the winning ones.

I'm not xg fan boy but every club uses this metric in their analysis. Including the winning ones.

They use it. But you dont see many winning managers quoting it. Dont need to. Its a bit of a trying to get out of jail free card. Its complete manager waffling. Lost 4 at home on the trot. Scored 1 goal. But sitting there waffling about XG.

They use it. But you dont see many winning managers quoting it. Dont need to. Its a bit of a trying to get out of jail free card. Its complete manager waffling. Lost 4 at home on the trot. Scored 1 goal. But sitting there waffling about XG.
Our manager used it in the context of a question about playing attacking football. In this case, mentioning that the xG indicates we are creating good quality chances and should have scored more is relevant.

It's the finishing that is a concern but if he keeps being asked the same questions, he'll give the same answers.