2023/24 Sean Dyche

We are 3 wins in 4, the only bad thing is the game we lost was the easiest of the lot.

But hey, we are here now, as ive said, im a simple man, I just want to see Everton win games, some very tough games coming up.

Lets see how we get on.

For now, im a happy man, but that Luton result still stings.

Bournemouth was the easiest. That iraola thinks he's pep guardiola. Trying to get bournemouth playing out from the back yest was suicide and they've been doing it all season. I hope they keep him(they wont) as they look guarenteed bottom 3.
If we couldnt have beaten bournemouth yest at home we might aswell have just packed it in.

This is the thing mate Garner was anonymous before Dyche, its really weird.

Throw in the development of Branthwaite. Chemiti ticking along getting mins. Dobbin given the nod. Simms last season. Patterson got his chance and unfortunately didnt take it - as yet. Also thought Onana had one of his best performances for us yesterday. Young players are being developed, more then under any other manger we've had in recent history. Young Brathwaite bit our hand off during the week for a new deal - i thought that might be problematic - clearly hes happy and feels hes developing.

Hes rescued McNeill who was dog dirt before he arrived, while he looks to have made the right decision on giving Dom time to get "fit" and back to his best in the face of huge pressure, risk and criticism (touches wood).

Yesterday we looked really balanced all available (bar Dele and Coleman) - he built that with Thelwell, there is a plan hes working toward. He saw through a fair few chancers in the summer and they were gone in short order.

I just think some of the stuff is off the wall and based on stereotype or biased opinion developed early as opposed to reality. When you anaylse it there is a lot hes doing thats developing the club and trying to move it forward. Thats a process rather then an event.

Im enjoying it.
Point Taken.

If we get a result in a fortnight then I will start agreeing with you.

However, if we are soundly beaten, then you will have to relook at your comments, because let's be honest, Bournemouth will probably finish 20th this season, and we were at home.

I do not think Dyche is nearly as stubborn as some on here want to make him out to be, I think we have just forgotten what a truly stubborn manager looks like. Hes benched Keane, and hes started playing Garner through the middle and playing out-and-out wingers. While these have not happened on nearly the same timeline as fans would like, I can remember multiple managers in recent history that literally would not consider a single change to what they were doing until they were sacked.

What many may not realize is... we are 2nd in the league in shots, 5th in shots on target, 6th in shots allowed, 6th in shots allowed on target, so good on both sides of the ball. Through 90% of the pitch we have dominated but its the final balls on both ends of the pitch that have done us in, and he probably is confident that those will start to even out.

He couldnt wait to get keane back in the team last season and we condeded twice as many goals. He started the season with him and he came under so much pressure after the villa game it was even mentioned in the press conference, which is quite rare i think. I dont often hear questions about individual players being so poor they are brought up in press confrences. He knew he had to drop his boy. The world was telling him he was awful.

We are 3 wins in 4, the only bad thing is the game we lost was the easiest of the lot.

But hey, we are here now, as ive said, im a simple man, I just want to see Everton win games, some very tough games coming up.

Lets see how we get on.

For now, im a happy man, but that Luton result still stings.
Oh it stings alright .

Not to excuse it but thought at the time the Villa game a few days earlier where the players were out on their feet after 75 mins it could cost us , and it did big time.
Still 3 points thrown away tho.

For me the Fulham & Wolves games are equally as bad as it was well within our grasp to take 6 points.

All ifs & buts , but we could be sitting pretty on 16 points only for those games.

He couldnt wait to get keane back in the team last season and we condeded twice as many goals. He started the season with him and he came under so much pressure after the villa game it was even mentioned in the press conference, which is quite rare i think. I dont often hear questions about individual players being so poor they are brought up in press confrences. He knew he had to drop his boy. The world was telling him he was awful.
And "he's started playing Garner in the middle" - only because Gana was injured, he was lined up to be a right winger AGAIN lol

Point Taken.

If we get a result in a fortnight then I will start agreeing with you.

However, if we are soundly beaten, then you will have to relook at your comments, because let's be honest, Bournemouth will probably finish 20th this season, and we were at home.

The 3 promoted teams likely finish below Bournemouth like. And we finish well ahead of Bournemouth on this weekends showing