Financial Fair Play investigation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not the best news to say the least.

I think we all know, deep down, that we are probably guilty of wrongdoing - you only need to look at the perilous state of our finances with all sorts of shady dealings, 777, image rights etc to be able to conclude that.
As for other stuff I don't know.
The problem is we are not the only ones. Take a look at Man City - apparently the biggest money making machine in Europe now. When the majority of sponsors are companies no one has ever heard of, that don't make any turnover and are all linked to the main owners.

It's shady as hell and if we end up getting dragged down about financial mis management, I would hope there's a few others we drag down with us.

Sorry if already answered in here. But do we have right of appeal, would any points deduction get kicked on to next season while appeal is heard?
If there's any season you want a points deduction (12 points is a bit steep admittedly), it's this one. Luton and Sheff Utd are as good as down, and I'll be damned if we get less points than both Burnley or Bournemouth with or without a deduction.

I asked that question;

View attachment 232699

If we got a points deduction, you'd assume they'd issue a points deduction in the current season to City if found guilty. If they do that, you suspect you'd have whoever finished 2nd the seasons applicable to cause all kinds of noise.

To me looks like the PL PR to look intolerant to breaches knowing full well, we'll get off with it. As will City. Be chaos otherwise.

I think we all know, deep down, that we are probably guilty of wrongdoing - you only need to look at the perilous state of our finances with all sorts of shady dealings, 777, image rights etc to be able to conclude that.
The problem is we are not the only ones. Take a look at Man City - apparently the biggest money making machine in Europe now. When the majority of sponsors are companies no one has ever heard of, that don't make any turnover and are all linked to the main owners.

It's shady as hell and if we end up getting dragged down about financial mis management, I would hope there's a few others we drag down with us.
There is no news.
There are newspaper stories that is all.

If there's any season you want a points deduction (12 points is a bit steep admittedly), it's this one. Luton and Sheff Utd are as good as down, and I'll be damned if we get less points than both Burnley or Bournemouth with or without a deduction.

Yes this is a valid point

I can't see Burnley or Sheff United or even Luton getting 12 points.

Take away 12 and we would be back above those three in a couple of months.

It has to be that attempt to write off over double what anyone else did as "covid losses". Its the most obvious thing that looked like it would cause us problems

Maybe an outside chance of something to do with them taking another look at Usmanov's sponsorship and that ludicrous "first refusal on naming rights" deal, which should have been thrown out immediately.

Status
Not open for further replies.