January transfer window 2024

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's 18 next month and Doucoure will have 1.5 years on his deal.

I did say 'backup', not 'rotation' so when Doucoure's deal expires Uzun would be 19.5 years old.

If over the next 1.5 years if he develops well then I'm not sure what the issue would be about his age now?
If the 777 deal completes it will be interesting to see how we use the multi club ownership format to develop players in the future. Having partnerships with clubs like Standard and Genoa we can offer these young players a development path like Branthwaites’s at PSV but in house.

Ref Genoa, I saw over the weekend on the BBC gossip page that Newcastle are interested in a CB from them, a 21 year old Romanian, Radu Dragusin. Signed for €5.5m last summer from Juve, linked now for €35m. Firstly, that’s great business, they also took De Winter from Juve on loan at the same time. Secondly, can we have him?), next summer we’ll be looking to sign a CB, will the new ownership group want to strengthen a rival? It will be interesting to see how closely they see the clubs in the group working together.

Need a couple of midfielders (wide and central) in January that Dyche will actually play.
The way Dyche is not using subs its hard to see how the team get through the new year fixtures without injuries or burnout.
Beyond that the problem for me is how many Dycheball type players will end up in squad.

Would really like to see some pace and skill out wide.

You're far more optimistic than I am because I can't see us bringing anyone in unless a) there are departures, and b) we are in actual desperate need.
Reckon we're guarenteed to be in desperate need if players aren't bought in January.

Status
Not open for further replies.