January transfer window 2024

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, Lille wanted him permanently (which we know) but seems like he fancied a different option after his loan and then the subsequent and multiple media reports linking him with 2 Saudi teams and 1 Turkish team were there.

Perhaps we just asked for too much...but I believe that offers were there.

Well that’s got nothing to do with us wanting to keep him has it? Part of the reason we can’t and won’t be able to shift him is his obscene wage demands, which he isn’t going to suddenly lower in January. No club at the level that he is able to play for can afford his ridiculous demands.

Serious question… do we even have a scout in Australia right now?? There really is a new golden generation coming through! So much young talent….

Not sure but he was already booked in for trials at west ham and leicester.

Transfermarkt have us linked to 17 year old attacking midfielder Can Uzun from Nurnberg, he’s scored 5 goals in 11 games in Bundesliga 2 this season.

Hes been linked for 2-3 weeks. From their side they are prepared to sell.

Well that’s got nothing to do with us wanting to keep him has it? Part of the reason we can’t and won’t be able to shift him is his obscene wage demands, which he isn’t going to suddenly lower in January. No club at the level that he is able to play for can afford his ridiculous demands.

I think if hes only got 5months on his deal and someone offers him a 'long' term contract in Jan he'd be silly not to take it.

Also, the main links in summer were from saudi so his wages probably wouldnt be an issue.

I think they would pay a fee...likewise for Gana...both small fees but goes towards a new signing.

Transfermarkt have us linked to 17 year old attacking midfielder Can Uzun from Nurnberg, he’s scored 5 goals in 11 games in Bundesliga 2 this season.

Heres another report on him:

Plays CM, ACM, CF and i wonder if he could be the Doucoure backup.

Heres another report on him:

Plays CM, ACM, CF and i wonder if he could be the Doucoure backup.
El Presidente, do you get the horn when someone mentions an anonymous youngster?

He’s 17

He's 18 next month and Doucoure will have 1.5 years on his deal.

I did say 'backup', not 'rotation' so when Doucoure's deal expires Uzun would be 19.5 years old.

If over the next 1.5 years if he develops well then I'm not sure what the issue would be about his age now?

He's 18 next month and Doucoure will have 1.5 years on his deal.

I did say 'backup', not 'rotation' so when Doucoure's deal expires Uzun would be 19.5 years old.

If over the next 1.5 years if he develops well then I'm not sure what the issue would be about his age now?

The word backup suggests he’d be used. Dyche ain’t using a 17-year old.

Definitely need a CM even on loan. Possibly a back up CB aswell. So stuffed if we get one injury at the back.

CM should be a priority, especially now that hope in Dele is fading. But they have to be at the standard that we require. You set out to buy a back up, all that you'll get is another Tom Davies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back