January transfer window 2024

Status
Not open for further replies.
Definitely need a CM even on loan. Possibly a back up CB aswell. So stuffed if we get one injury at the back.
Still think another winger aswell dont really have much cover danjuma then think dobbin needs a loan. Hopefully can get gomes out of the door this window even if a loan

The word backup suggests he’d be used. Dyche ain’t using a 17-year old.

The earliest we could sign him would be Jan and hes 18next month.

I would consider Chermiti as a 'backup' as it stands, just getting mins at the end of games.

Hes also 18 in Feb so same applies.

Fast forward 1.5 - 2 years and we'd have two 20year old attacking players.

This is the approach id take across the board e.g 4th choice CB, CM would make sense as well as a 4th choice wide player.

We'd then have Chermiti + Uzun, Matkovic, CB, CM, WF and if the fees made sense thst would be 6 players being developed. Some may come good, others may not but if just one or two became very good its worth it.

Cant see us doing it but would be a smart move.

….I like Blackburn’s Adam Wharton but watching him now on telly I wonder if the game would pass him by in the top flight. Comfortable in possession but He ambles through the game and doesn’t offer much when the opposition have the ball. Not convinced to part with monies for him.

….I like Blackburn’s Adam Wharton but watching him now on telly I wonder if the game would pass him by in the top flight. Comfortable in possession but He ambles through the game and doesn’t offer much when the opposition have the ball. Not convinced to part with monies for him.
Said this all along, he just drifts through games doing not very much, I could name 5 other Championship midfielders who I would take ahead of him any day of the week.

Said this all along, he just drifts through games doing not very much, I could name 5 other Championship midfielders who I would take ahead of him any day of the week.

…any good RBs in the Championship? I recall Moyes asking for the guest RBs and I think we found Stones. Surely there’s a good young RB available.

Looks like this lad can play a bit of LB as well as LM, no idea if the link is true but someone along those lines would be a useful alternative to both Myko and McNeil.

The earliest we could sign him would be Jan and hes 18next month.

I would consider Chermiti as a 'backup' as it stands, just getting mins at the end of games.

Hes also 18 in Feb so same applies.

Fast forward 1.5 - 2 years and we'd have two 20year old attacking players.

This is the approach id take across the board e.g 4th choice CB, CM would make sense as well as a 4th choice wide player.

We'd then have Chermiti + Uzun, Matkovic, CB, CM, WF and if the fees made sense thst would be 6 players being developed. Some may come good, others may not but if just one or two became very good its worth it.

Cant see us doing it but would be a smart move.

Should be signing players like him, 6 year deal on moderate wages .

Loan him to some Austrian team, next year send him to PSV etc then somewhere in Germany etc or the championship … then evaluate and play him so sell for profit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back