2023/24 Sean Dyche

If we can come back from the international break with a clean bill of health there’s no reason we can’t have a good go at United (allowing for Martial to have his one decent game of the season of course)

We did deserve to lose, that’s why we got beat. Dyche put out an unbalanced team that was open to be counter attacked and that’s what happened. We didn’t deserve anything because we got beat.
So therefore we deserve to win today!!!

I am not sure you see the hypocrisy!!!

We should have had more points earlier, very lucky to get anything from this match.

To me he didn’t have us prepared for Luton, and really should have put three in the middle today (Doucoure was a second striker today, more so than any other match).

Other than that, this is the most organized we’ve looked in more than two years.
But it’s hard to say your ideas would have worked as that conjecture.

But you are 100% right we look far more organised and for me we look like winning games

1699729477904.png

So therefore we deserve to win today!!!

I am not sure you see the hypocrisy!!!
Yes, we deserved to win today. I never said otherwise.
What I did say is we can make it easier on ourselves and harder for the opposition by not giving the ball away so cheaply and unnecessarily, for example Pickford kicking long at every opportunity when we have DCL on his own surrounded by opposition defenders.

Credit to him for 1 win in 6 home games this season too.

We cannot ignore these things for gods sake.
Look at the league. We would have accepted this position at the start of the season... we are in good form. Just lets accept it. The home form should improve.
We were probably fortunate to win but not sure we deserved to lose either. Palace will feel they deserved a draw and they probably did. But if you are competitive in these matches and take your chances , then you make your own luck.
Dyche is all about staying in the game against good sides and away from home, don’t chase the game and a chance or two will come. For where we are I’m happy with this. Be nice to win more home games but I reckon this is coming!

What I did say is we can make it easier on ourselves and harder for the opposition by not giving the ball away so cheaply and unnecessarily, for example Pickford kicking long at every opportunity when we have DCL on his own surrounded by opposition defenders.

Or play out from the back and lose it in our own 3rd. Which for a few seasons, has been the Everton way!!