2023/24 Dele

At worst his return to training will be a really nice feel good story and more good press for the club at a time we’re getting a lot of praise for our togetherness

At best we might get a player out of it who is capable of creativity nobody else in the team is

Everything I’ve seen from Dyche tells me the lad won’t get a minute of game time unless he’s super fit and ready to perform so if I do see him line up in a squad I’ll be very excited but if not, so be it

No we don’t ,

Facts are facts , why would you pay someone to be a footballer that doesn’t play football anymore and has no desire too?

Makes zero sense. Not saying that I don’t understand his situation but when does it end?

If a serial killer was treated badly as a child and turns into a killer in later life… I can understand why this happened but it doesn’t change the person he is now.

Deli is not a bad person etc and I get that he’s had issues and I wish him all the best, but in no way does wishing him the best mean we have to pay him 100k a week while we are being deducted points for FFP and fighting to stay in the league and he’s not contributing to the cause.
I agree with a lot you're saying but how do you know that he doesn't want to play?

That's real harsh. He might be as frustrated as we all are that he can't play.

Plus his agent should never have agreed to such a strange deal (the 20 games equals 10 million part). I know that's another story...

We don’t have a pot to urinate in. We are struggling to pay the day to day running costs of the business. No deal will be struck. He will make no more than the handful of appearances he is allowed to make without triggering the payment. There would be great PR for Spurs if they were to waive the fee completely. Won’t happen though

Maybe for the lads benefit, the best thing for him and us would be send him out on loan in Jan.

Let him go out and play, build back up his profile, try and build momentum, support his recovery.

We save a bit of wage.

Spurs get nothing.

There's been too much noise with injury and mental health updates for me to think that he'll quietly be released at the end of season without playing again. And I'm sure Dyche would love to be the guy that revived a talent like Dele.

All in, I expect he'll play some part early next year. What level player we see is more of an unknown.

I’ve got plenty of sympathy with the guy but worth remembering both Spurs and Everton have paid him a fortune while he’s been unable to perform to his ability. He’ll have been paid 12.5m by the time his 2.5 year contract with us expires.

So while I hope there’s a financial solution found to let him play football and hopefully get his career back on track maybe he needs to make some sort of financial sacrifice too if he’s serious about doing so.

A shockingly bad signing, better than Gbamin and Tosun but only because his contract is shorter.
He's on 100k or so a week and has been having a laugh since he arrived in the Rolls-Royce and designer
jeans with the holes. Had a holiday in Instanbul and was returned asap and has been having massages
ever since. Got to admit though he's got a clever agent.

Other than lots of Kimberley flashing her bits and pieces in The Sun, Dele Ali being here has been a dead loss.
Funnily enough, EFC's points deduction being in part due to a loss of 10 million corresponds roughly to what
Mr. Ali has cost EFC.

There's been too much noise with injury and mental health updates for me to think that he'll quietly be released at the end of season without playing again. And I'm sure Dyche would love to be the guy that revived a talent like Dele.

All in, I expect he'll play some part early next year. What level player we see is more of an unknown.
At his peak would have been very well suited to Dyche in the role Douc currently plays