January transfer window 2024

Status
Not open for further replies.
If not being funny here but if we literally can’t sign anyone then we need to recall Maupay and Holgate. I’m not even bothered about them playing but having Maupay score goals for Brentford who are a relegation rival and Holgate who could cover if players get injured. The squad is so stretched they both need bringing back.

Yeah he could end up alright, but history shows that we mostly fail to sell players that we buy for money, especially strikers. When was the last time we got money for a striker that we sold - Lukaku five years ago? Chermiti was a panic buy, just like Beto was. Obviously it would be fantastic if he turns into a quality player or even just somebody we can turn a profit on.
Richarlison

If not being funny here but if we literally can’t sign anyone then we need to recall Maupay and Holgate. I’m not even bothered about them playing but having Maupay score goals for Brentford who are a relegation rival and Holgate who could cover if players get injured. The squad is so stretched they both need bringing back.
They play on positions we are ok in and they are also terrible

Apart from that, a good plan I reckon

They play on positions we are ok in and they are also terrible

Apart from that, a good plan I reckon
We shouldn’t be helping any other clubs when nobody want to help us. We have loaned Maupay to Brentford, get him recalled. They won’t loan us Onyeka so get him back.

I don't think the manager rates Holgate and Sean Dyche said in a recent interview that Mason Holgate made it very clear he wanted to leave in the summer.

Maupay is worth money again to us because of his loan ,I don't think they would want to upset that even if they could recall him.

….i think too much is made of age. DCL had already broken into the first team at his age and Chermiti hasn’t got much ahead of him regarding in-form strikers. I don’t mind if he’s ’one for the future’ but I’d expect to see signs in his cameo’s off the bench that he’s going to be a talent, especially after spending £15m.
correction though: Dom didnt show his true potential until the Anchelotti era when he was 22-23 right ?
yes before he broke into our team but was not really setting the world alight

First time I’ve seen Keane mentioned as a potential departure. No problem with either leaving although if both go it leaves Sean Dyche as our third choice centre back.

That would be good news, hope we have some buyers and they will go. Keane unlikely wage packet too big and Holgate.

Status
Not open for further replies.