January transfer window 2024

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am still stupid enough to think we can get somebody in. Most of it is hope more than anything, would expect this from the club after the last jan window. Atleast only few days then we kno what we will have to work with
I’m even more stupid than you I think we will get at least one player in before the deadline. If it looks bad now as far as the squad is concerned, if no new players are brought in it will look distinctly worse.

Gonna be mint when Newcastle dangle £31.75m in front of our noses for Onana with just hours to go before the transfer window slams shut.

No chance Everton turn down yet another golden opportunity to bank tens of millions and not reinvest any of it back into the squad.

Fellaini 36
Gervinho 36
Lewis Grabban 36
Hatem Ben Arfa 36
Scott Dann 36
Papiss Cisse 38
Ryan Babbel 37
Claudio Yacob 36
Frazier Campbell 36
Colin Kazim Richards 37
Richard Keogh 37

All with PL experience, all would not be our oldest player in our squad, great for the dressing room!
Bring a blue home then :). We need an attacking midfielder

Man another transfer comes and goes and we're still paying Holgate, Godfrey and Keane's wages having failed to find new permanent homes for them.

100% a further three players that end up leaving on free transfers, same as Beto and Chermiti will.

sorry if you think that we are sacking dyche anytime soon you’ve lost it

you really think 777 want us to be madrid?
wake up lad they don’t give a f as long as we stay in this league

so i’m sorry about your pipedream

is say 75% know the situation and he will stay, the clubs a mess he’s here to give us stability and giving the circumstances

he’s trying
but this only ends in disaster. you can only flirt with relegation so much.

if we stay up this season, Dyche wont be here next.

Man another transfer comes and goes and we're still paying Holgate, Godfrey and Keane's wages having failed to find new permanent homes for them.

100% a further three players that end up leaving on free transfers, same as Beto and Chermiti will.
Truly becoming weird the slating Chermiti gets from some quarters. He’s 19, and we’ve seen very little of the player he currently is let alone the player he could be in a few years.

Truly becoming weird the slating Chermiti gets from some quarters. He’s 19, and we’ve seen very little of the player he currently is let alone the player he could be in a few years.
Yeah he could end up alright, but history shows that we mostly fail to sell players that we buy for money, especially strikers. When was the last time we got money for a striker that we sold - Lukaku five years ago? Chermiti was a panic buy, just like Beto was. Obviously it would be fantastic if he turns into a quality player or even just somebody we can turn a profit on.

….i think too much is made of age. DCL had already broken into the first team at his age and Chermiti hasn’t got much ahead of him regarding in-form strikers. I don’t mind if he’s ’one for the future’ but I’d expect to see signs in his cameo’s off the bench that he’s going to be a talent, especially after spending £15m.

Yeah he could end up alright, but history shows that we mostly fail to sell players that we buy for money, especially strikers. When was the last time we got money for a striker that we sold - Lukaku five years ago? Chermiti was a panic buy, just like Beto was. Obviously it would be fantastic if he turns into a quality player or even just somebody we can turn a profit on.
Last time we got money for a striker was Moise Kean, and he illustrates a point: we got him in young, it went about as badly as it could and we still got our money back. Our history of failing to get money back on players comes from buying players at the wrong age, not from investing in young players.

….i think too much is made of age. DCL had already broken into the first team at his age and Chermiti hasn’t got much ahead of him regarding in-form strikers. I don’t mind if he’s ’one for the future’ but I’d expect to see signs in his cameo’s off the bench that he’s going to be a talent, especially after spending £15m.
Think it was only just over 10m we paid (and it’ll be paid over several years) and these days that might get you a bit of potential but it’s fantasy to say that should be a PL ready instant impact player in the first few months. Man United paid 65m for Hojlund and he still has a long way to go.

Last time we got money for a striker was Moise Kean, and he illustrates a point: we got him in young, it went about as badly as it could and we still got our money back. Our history of failing to get money back on players comes from buying players at the wrong age, not from investing in young players.
Aye another failure of a transfer, had forgotten about him! It's very likely we lost several million on him in wages, and obviously didn't make a penny in selling him vs what we bought him for.

Status
Not open for further replies.