2023/24 Sean Dyche

I feel now is the time to roll the dice and get a new manager in. Better to do it now than with us needing to win 4 games in the last month
Don't think that would be sensible at all.

A) there's literally nobody to make that call
B) Dyche and the team have earned 31 points
C) the underlying metrics all trend in the right direction

Dyche's issue is his main weakness is in possession and controlling games that way and he'll never, ever have that

Well we are very Burnley like now, most definitely.
Defensively tough to break down, physical, score mostly from dead ball situations, very boring to watch.
We all know what happened to Burnley in the end.

The real concern is how much we rely on Tark and Branthwaite and that partnership is highly unlikely to be one we will have next season.
He relies so much on the older players and their time is coming to an end.

I think its very legitimate that some on here, including myself, believe he as a manager needs to improve massively on his tactics and attitude to the modeen game.

Don't think that would be sensible at all.

A) there's literally nobody to make that call

B) Dyche and the team have earned 31 points
C) the underlying metrics all trend in the right direction

Dyche's issue is his main weakness is in possession and controlling games that way and he'll never, ever have that

I agree this is probably what saves him.

The points off will definitely skew perceptions and we are further away from danger but not having it that a manager can't be questioned about stuff in his control.

We're much harder too beat but we're just not scoring goals and it's painful to watch. He/We are on a very poor run of form, it's only right questions are asked about his management.

It won't do anyone any good sacking him now as the clubs a mess and at least he knows what the situation is. That doesn't mean he can't be scrutinised over poor performances, bad tactics and bad in game management.

Results are okay overall (lower mid table results with a lower mid table team). The football is dire though and we're not a Stoke or Burnley who will want to sit through that every year just to stay in the league.

He looks better because of how bad Lampard was and the fact his teams are solid and compact.
One Game at a Time / baby steps ?
Up to now, given the shiz show he took over, i'll give him an MOT - but with more than a few 'advisories'