2023/24 Sean Dyche

You think another manager, who would want to come here, would have earned us 39 points with 11 games to go, so by extrapolation this squad of players is as as good as Brighton/Newcastle mate, this my friend is were we depart, not for me.
You think no one, NOT A SINGLE SOUL, in English or European football is as good a manager as Dyche?

What was your opinion on David Moyes, out of interest?

You think no one, NOT A SINGLE SOUL, in English or European football is as good a manager as Dyche?

What was your opinion on David Moyes, out of interest?

I don’t think we’re going to market that simply, I don’t think a manager on an upward career trajectory, is coming here with the job conditions, I don’t think Dyche would have if we told him signing his contract - the following season he’d like,y be managing through - 12 points, after staying up by hens tooth the season before.

Big Moyes fan, top manager.

I don’t think we’re going to market that simply, I don’t think a manager on an upward career trajectory, is coming here with the job conditions, I don’t think Dyche would have if we told him signing his contract - the following season he’d like,y be managing through - 12 points, after staying up by hens tooth the season before.

Big Moyes fan, top manager.
You don't? If you're a top manager saving a sinking ship is worth more than a random second league in Portugal or something, but it will be more challenging and you'll have to use young players. We didn't bother to do that though, we went through no research and went with "he's a hard man". No doubt Kenwright's last gift to us.

Came from the ass end of the league nowheresville and turned out to be decent. Instead we went with proven mediocrity (or worse) this time ;)

You don't? If you're a top manager saving a sinking ship is worth more than a random second league in Portugal or something, but it will be more challenging and you'll have to use young players. We didn't bother to do that though, we went through no research and went with "he's a hard man". No doubt Kenwright's last gift to us.

Came from the ass end of the league nowheresville and turned out to be decent. Instead we went with proven mediocrity (or worse) this time ;)

I definitely don’t.

Why are all the top manager not managing at the bottom of all the leagues.

It’s fine saying it, but the reality is any manager on any upward career trajectory isn’t coming here under the present job conditions. It’s fairly simple they will go somewhere where they are well paid, well supported, with no third party points penalty to worry about, that will offer them the best career path - that’s not here at the moment.

I really wanted Moyes at the time, I think Dyche and Moyes are very alike.

Last edited:

In fairness it was @DualityNSNO who seemed to be saying that expecting to be on 39 points by now would not have been a reasonable ask and @Neiler was asking what manager who would want to come here would have gotten us that…..and that expecting that would be putting us on a level with the Brighton/Newcastle squads
Now I see, I just thought the Celtic fan couldnt add up.

Yes McNeill should've buried his. Was the game right there. Most of the others were just snapshots outside the box that Aerola should be saving. Best save today was the looped effort from Beto, that was a very good save.

And of course the penalty....if you're going to whinge all season about not getting awarded penalties then it's a bit of a futile complaint if you can't score the one you do get.
Harrison, clean through on goal and stopped. Laces kidda laces!

Wasn't lampard the risk taken before hand? That decision needed rescuing and it came to one goal on the final day.

I'm far from over the moon with Dyche, and I'd like to ask the Harrison right foot right wing question myself, but he's been gifted a poisoned chalice, and is making a fist of it at least. Of all the problems we have, a steward to see I us through this turmoil and save us from ourselves is about as much as we can ask? I fully understand the reminiscing for the safety and sanctuary of Moyes.

I just want us to play a Right Back at Right Back.
Oh you mean like Garner clearly. I want us to attack down either side and not hoof all game (which we've done under Dyche as well ironically) but apparently with these players we can't, despite doing it with literally the same players earlier and all, but then went for the safe "play for draws" approach.