2023/24 Sean Dyche

burnley are not Everton.
he's gotten results with a very poorly financed burnley against sides that don't like a fight.
For years the same argument went against Moyes, he's a scrapper, doesn't know good football. Let them have a couple or more footballers and see what they can muster? Dyche get's no quarter from me, but I wont critique when he has a nuclear winter to manage through.

I believe the saying is "a fair crack of the whip".
Leave it to Dyche to fully change that, we're only halfway there currently.

What happened in December makes no difference now, the worry for us is the fixtures imo we have tough aways, very winnable home games, the problem is we haven’t won at home in ages and teams like Brentford and forest, will sit back and happily take a point knowing all the pressure will be on us. Sheffield Utd and Burnley will probably be already down with the pressure off

Of course it matters, we’ve bagged those points and it shows us the scope of potential and competitiveness.

You describe that we are loosing game after game, that’s not the case, part of this block of games that has pleased me is we pulled points we would have lost last season by drawing like recent results Vs Spurs, Villa and Brighton. I said it at the end of the season last year,, we need to draw more games that we lost last season and we’re doing that and gone through a block of games taking in City twice, and Spurs.

We’ve won as many games right now with 11 games to go as we did in the whole season last season, the words you’re looking for is improvement.

Last edited:
Of course it matters, we’ve bagged those points and it shows us the scope of potential and competitiveness.

You describe that we are loosing game after game, that’s not the case, part of this block of games that has pleased me is we pulled points we would have lost last season by drawing like recent results Vs Spurs, Villa and Brighton. I said it at the end of the season last year,, we need to draw more games that we lost last season and we’re doing that and gone through a block of games taking in City twice, and Spurs.

We’ve won as many games right now with 11 games to go as we did in the whole season last season, the words you’re looking for is improvement.
I’m talking from a form point of view, we have the worst front line of the teams in the relegation battle for the 3rd spot. Would you have rather win the 4 games in December or the last 4. And draws won’t be enough, we need 3 wins imo

I’m talking from a form point of view, we have the worst front line of the teams in the relegation battle for the 3rd spot. Would you have rather win the 4 games in December or the last 4. And draws won’t be enough, we need 3 wins imo
Well if we'd won 3 of the last ~10 games (or more than 1 of the first 7, including Luton at home to whom we lost) - we'd be now safe and it wouldn't matter. But we haven't, and this will be no doubt billed as another "great escape" by the man himself when we have to hang by a thread and hope results go our way, again, as we're never proactive.

This is the same fanbase that chased out Big Sam for finishing 8th and now we meant to get on our knees and praise Dyche for potentially not getting us relegated.

Don't think comparing the two circumstances stands up at all

We were in no danger when the club made one of the worst of their many bad decisions and appointed that blurt

Currently and recently we are a wreck and have been very fortunate to have not gone down, and Dyche is just stopping the bleeding and I don't think most are arsed how he does it.

Id say you've maybe a handful of posters at best at who are actually animated or invested enough to praise the guy or defend him with any enthusiasm yet so much of the negative stuff in here would have you think there's hordes of fans over the moon with him

The hope, optimism and ambition will come back as soon as there's the first signs of life off the pitch. On the pitch currently is only good for one purpose, keep us up.

Free pass this weekend for Seany.

I do wonder even for his keenest supporters when does the tide turn.? So if we go another 5 or 10 games without a win? Would everyone back sacking him at that point?

Free pass this weekend for Seany.

I do wonder even for his keenest supporters when does the tide turn.? So if we go another 5 or 10 games without a win? Would everyone back sacking him at that point?

Again, I’m not seeing keen supporters bar a couple, it’s all mostly tolerance of the crap so long as we look to be staying up

So for the question I’d say it would depend on where we are relative to the bottom 3 at any point. I’d have no interest in seeing these guys scramble around for another manager unless we really really look in danger, and we don’t. I don’t think we will either, but that’s just my take. We are crap like so it’s possible

But by far the highest goal difference by a considerable margin of any team down there, which just underlines my earlier point and it’s followed through in results, we’ve earned 31 points.

It doesn’t matter when you pick up points in truth it matters that you do, I’d defo prefer not to have to be in must wins games coming to the end if the season to be honest.

The hyperbole is shocking, without a points deduction we’re prob 5 points away from safety with 11 games to go, it’s not the absolute nuclear warfare in terms of results that you project, it’s a bit out there really.

But by far the highest goal difference by a considerable margin of any team down there, which just underlines my earlier point and it’s followed through in results, we’ve earned 31 points.

It doesn’t matter when you pick up points in truth it matters that you do, I’d defo prefer not to have to be in must wins games coming to the end if the season to be honest.

The hyperbole is shocking, without a points deduction we’re prob 5 points away from safety with 11 games to go, it’s not the absolute nuclear warfare in terms of results that you project, it’s a bit out there really.

Ye we've been playing like Brazil before he came in...we have been piss poor for years

why do you and others keep going on about a points deduction that’s been there for 5 months. And yet the manager is still just trying to draw games.

Don't think comparing the two circumstances stands up at all

We were in no danger when the club made one of the worst of their many bad decisions and appointed that blurt

Currently and recently we are a wreck and have been very fortunate to have not gone down, and Dyche is just stopping the bleeding and I don't think most are arsed how he does it.

Id say you've maybe a handful of posters at best at who are actually animated or invested enough to praise the guy or defend him with any enthusiasm yet so much of the negative stuff in here would have you think there's hordes of fans over the moon with him

The hope, optimism and ambition will come back as soon as there's the first signs of life off the pitch. On the pitch currently is only good for one purpose, keep us up.
I dunno, club is a mess atm, nothing seems to be going right for us, just wanna see us win a game of footy at the weekend.

I honestly think we should be doing better than we are, but as long as we dont go down, im happy and that honestly saddens me.

3? years ago we had Carlo and Hamez doing bits, 7? years ago we had Timmy Cahill punching corner flags, what have we got now? And no, its not Dyches fault, but, well, you know, we all know.

why do you and others keep going on about a points deduction that’s been there for 5 months. And yet the manager is still just trying to draw games.

If you earned £100 pound on merit and I robbed £60 pound of it, you still earned £100 pound on merit, the merit of your performence hasn’t changed.

It’s simple really.

More interestingly, why does it irritate you when it’s used as a variable.

Should the points earned but lost just be forgotten about in a conversation about performance.

Last edited:
13 games left. Draw all of those, 38 points. Probably would he enough. Unless Super Luton go on a mad run - unlikely, but not impossible.

Wins are psychologically important for confidence, of course.