2023/24 Sean Dyche

Good players have bad spells mate, you can see his quality is there when he's on the ball. Give me him over McNeil or Harrison any day.

If you put Branthwaite in their team instead of Dan Burn they’re significantly better off. If you put Pickford instead of Dubravka they are as well. Also if you put Onana instead of Sean Longstaff.

I look at the two starting line ups yesterday and I do not see a big gulf in quality at all. We had our strongest XI available and they were severely depleted with 9 first teamers unavailable. I can’t see it as a good point I’m afraid.

No one wants to see tiki taka, we just want to win a game.
I would. I'd also take fast counter attacking or even a calculated balance between attacking and not neglecting defence to try and win something. Anything!!!

What is unacceptable is persisting with anti-footballing tactics when there are many teams in this league we should be having a go at. I don't see anything currently that makes me think Dyche will attempt this. He's a dour Fat Sam.

There is little joy in Everton on or off the pitch. Dyche is doing nothing to reverse that on the pitch where it matters.

If you put Branthwaite in their team instead of Dan Burn they’re significantly better off. If you put Pickford instead of Dubravka they are as well. Also if you put Onana instead of Sean Longstaff.

I look at the two starting line ups yesterday and I do not see a big gulf in quality at all. We had our strongest XI available and they were severely depleted with 9 first teamers unavailable. I can’t see it as a good point I’m afraid.

Our right side consisted of Ashley Young and Ben Godfrey.

I get what you are saying, I agree the quality in defence and midfield was not hugely different. My original point was that they just have much better players in the final third. We've both seen enough this season to know the difference quality players in those area make, or what the lack of them make in our case.

Our right side consisted of Ashley Young and Ben Godfrey.

I get what you are saying, I agree the quality in defence and midfield was not hugely different. My original point was that they just have much better players in the final third. We've both seen enough this season to know the difference quality players in those area make, or what the lack of them make in our case.

I agree their forwards were clearly better than ours, but their defence and keeper are bottom half standard so that sort of balances it out. If we had Dubravka playing as many games as he’s played for them this season, we’d be rock bottom of the table.

Again, I look at a team sheet and see the entire team, not just Isak and Barnes. If we put Isak and Barnes in Sheffield United’s team, would we then fear them and settle for a point in that game?

Sean Dyche has won 17 of his last 78 games. He’s close to equaling our worst ever winless run in, the most embarrassing thing any manager could have over them.

It is absolutely disgusting that this is even accepted by fans and excuses are being made
Absolutely shocking statistic that. Mike walker levels of performance. Two of the worst managers we have ever had at the club.

Absolutely shocking statistic that. Mike walker levels of performance. Two of the worst managers we have ever had at the club.

Last 13 games has Everton manager:

Mike Walker
L L L D D L L L L D W D - 7 points

Sean Dyche
L L L D D D L D D L L L D - 6 points

Mike Walker, considered our worst ever manager had more points prior to his sacking

Lampard had 5:

L L L W L L L L D L L L L
And he was rightly sacked. The same with the Fat Kopite who had 6 (IIRC)

The reason why Walker was regarded as the worst ever Everton manager was down to his blatant arrogance that what he was doing was right.

No matter the result, he deemed that his methods were correct. Pretty similar to what we are seeing now

And he was rightly sacked. The same with the Fat Kopite who had 6 (IIRC)

The reason why Walker was regarded as the worst ever Everton manager was down to his blatant arrogance that what he was doing was right.

No matter the result, he deemed that his methods were correct. Pretty similar to what we are seeing now
Yeah, the good thing is we dismissed him after 10 without a win, including losses vs Southampton, Bournemouth or Leicester.

I doubt we had won with Lampard vs Arsenal, maybe Dyche was lucky with the manager bounce.

Dyche first 34 games had 47 points in prem, I would be ok with that getting us over 50 in a full season, but not with 6 in 13 of the last.

Sean Dyche has won 17 of his last 78 games. He’s close to equaling our worst ever winless run in, the most embarrassing thing any manager could have over them.

It is absolutely disgusting that this is even accepted by fans and excuses are being made
He's still trying to cancel out the noise and change the narrative to write our own story though.

Yeah, the good thing is we dismissed him after 10 without a win, including losses vs Southampton, Bournemouth or Leicester.

I doubt we had won with Lampard vs Arsenal, maybe Dyche was lucky with the manager bounce.

Dyche first 34 games had 47 points in prem, I would be ok with that getting us over 50 in a full season, but not with 6 in 13 of the last.
Lampard had run out of ideas, you could see that. He tried a variety of different ways and nothing was working. He should have went in the World Cup break in all honesty.

Dyche fumbled across the line last year, we had a baron spell of almost 2 months without a win as well.

But that’s how he operated at Burnley. Little purple patches that got him over the line

Glory glory.

1712136192256.jpeg

I agree their forwards were clearly better than ours, but their defence and keeper are bottom half standard so that sort of balances it out. If we had Dubravka playing as many games as he’s played for them this season, we’d be rock bottom of the table.

Again, I look at a team sheet and see the entire team, not just Isak and Barnes. If we put Isak and Barnes in Sheffield United’s team, would we then fear them and settle for a point in that game?
Probably