John Stones

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lets be honest here, this kid is a prospect at best. There is no hope in hell that he'll see any first time action this season.

Our recent history is littered with us signing kids who languish in the reserves and never make it,

Garbutt
Mustafi
Silva
Junior

even the likes of Oveido and Vellios, plus of course a supposed certain superstar midfielder who came up through our rank find it nearly impossible to get anywhere near the bench.

Hope he settles in well and can learn the ropes at Finch Farm, but I don't be surprised if he still hasn't had a debut with half his contract run down.

If everyone is honest with themselves, this transfer is massively underwhelming.

It's not necessarily a bad signing but I really doubt anybody is honestly "made up" with it.

Definitely underwhelmed, even upset, with the way the window went.

Looking at the job he can do, and the fact that he's clearly personally very excited to be coming here, I'm really pleased with it.

"Made up" comes when Moyes actually pushes the boat out and starts him over resorting to strange contortions involving 3 CBs and Neville.

Edit:

Re: Garbutt and Oviedo, there are honestly few upcoming players who would get near our left hand side with Baines and Pienaar fit which, by some miracle that appears to have passed over our right side and centre mid, has been the case for a good while now.

Have we ever had a right back with a fancy name?

Stevens
Barrett
Watson
Neville
Hibbert
Coleman

And now Stones...

If Coleman's still out, I'd rather he started. It's only Villa.

I'd personally bench Heitinga and put Neville to right back with Jagielka coming inside and Gibson/Hitz slotting into the midfield, but it is only Villa at home so who's arsed what we do.

Status
Not open for further replies.