John Stones

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just highlighted the part in bold....I'm assuming his primarily right footed, how good is his left foot ?

Could he slot in for Distin next to Jagielka.....and could he eventually replace Distin in the side?

Or more of a right footed centre back so cover for Jagielka ?

...Moyes' preference was always a left and a right footed centre back pairing but I don't think it's a pre-requisite, especially when considering others in the league.

...Moyes' preference was always a left and a right footed centre back pairing but I don't think it's a pre-requisite, especially when considering others in the league.

would help when tracking players i'm sure as then can be on the stronger foot when showing them outside.

Would be ideal if we had a ready made replacement for distin.

would help when tracking players i'm sure as then can be on the stronger foot when showing them outside.

Would be ideal if we had a ready made replacement for distin.

I think that's where Martinez will dip in for the next window. A ball playing centre back to replace distin . Once he has brought Another centre back the the back four are complete and he can improve on other areas like the wings

I think that's where Martinez will dip in for the next window. A ball playing centre back to replace distin . Once he has brought Another centre back the the back four are complete and he can improve on other areas like the wings

I think;

Jagielka / Stones for the right sided berth.

Distin currently has Heitinga,Duffy,Alcaraz as cover.

I believe that Duffy and Heitinga will be sold soon and Alcaraz will act as cover until Distin retires....unless a u-21 player is signed to take over from Distin and slowly brought into the side.

So many centre backs, Alcaraz is a very strange signing.

I think alcaraz was brought in for experemental purposes of when we go 3 at the back . If Duffy doesn't make the cut and when heitinga leaves we will have 4 centre backs . But the question is have we got enough quality in the squad of defenders ? Id say we havent and that's why we need to bring in another top quality cb who's age is between 22-27 . We would then have then line up like this

Coleman. Jagielka. New cb. Baines

With the bench options off stones distin and alcaraz. This is very strong and we should have a ready made replacement in John stones for jags when he gets on. A new centre back means that our back 4 is sorted for the next 3-4 years and other areas of the pitch can be improved

I think alcaraz was brought in for experemental purposes of when we go 3 at the back . If Duffy doesn't make the cut and when heitinga leaves we will have 4 centre backs . But the question is have we got enough quality in the squad of defenders ? Id say we havent and that's why we need to bring in another top quality cb who's age is between 22-27 . We would then have then line up like this

Coleman. Jagielka. New cb. Baines

With the bench options off stones distin and alcaraz. This is very strong and we should have a ready made replacement in John stones for jags when he gets on. A new centre back means that our back 4 is sorted for the next 3-4 years and other areas of the pitch can be improved

Possibly some truth to the rumours of Bruno-martins coming in the summer, but that may have only been if Baines had gone.

Personally I'd like to see the left footed 'Stones' signed and integrated into the squad.....Heitinga and Alcaraz for me should be offloaded really though I imagine Martinez would persevere with Alcaraz (medically challenged) so Duffy can stay out on loan...

Interesting to see what he does with the centre backs...overloaded but need another...

Possibly some truth to the rumours of Bruno-martins coming in the summer, but that may have only been if Baines had gone.

Personally I'd like to see the left footed 'Stones' signed and integrated into the squad.....Heitinga and Alcaraz for me should be offloaded really though I imagine Martinez would persevere with Alcaraz (medically challenged) so Duffy can stay out on loan...

Interesting to see what he does with the centre backs...overloaded but need another...

Personally wouldnt say Martins Indi is an 'out and out' LB. More CB that can play LB.

Personally wouldnt say Martins Indi is an 'out and out' LB. More CB that can play LB.

Havent seen much of him myself, though I understand the same.....maybe Martinez wanted him in as a left back to start with to then shuffle over to the centre to later replace distin? who knows....

Seems to be the ball playing defender profile to fit + Stones seems in a similar mould...young combo.

Status
Not open for further replies.