John Stones

Status
Not open for further replies.
If everyone is honest with themselves, this transfer is massively underwhelming.

It's not necessarily a bad signing but I really doubt anybody is honestly "made up" with it.

Considering I was thinking Negredo, Isco, Fer, Lescott or Capoue were all possible, I agree.

If everyone is honest with themselves, this transfer is massively underwhelming.

It's not necessarily a bad signing but I really doubt anybody is honestly "made up" with it.

It's a good signing, clearly not a huge one, but decent. Like you say though, if this is our only business then it'll be utterly underwhelming.
Hopefully it might mean we won't have to see Jagielka at right back again though.
Doubt it though.

Can't argue with that. Bit of a shame for the player though, feels as though he is joining under a cloud through no fault of his own.

Hopefully he'll turn out to be a good signing for us.

I think Moyes has found another Championship gem in John Stones . He can play both RB & CB and is only 18 . And at £3 mill it seems like a good deal .

He's not going to see the first team for a few years so I really don't understand how he was our second choice after Fer

He's not going to see the first team for a few years so I really don't understand how he was our second choice after Fer

I suspect this deal wasn't dependent on the Fer deal falling through, it likely came out of the academy budget rather than Moyes transfer budget. We usually bring in one young player a year. Gueye and Vellios for example.

I wish people would stop going on about 3 million...that will be if he plays for england 100 times and wins 5 champions league medals with us.

I'd say we've probably paid about half a million up front if that.

But elstone will no doubt spin it in his next bull**** q&a that we've invested 3 million in a kid and people will buy it.

Status
Not open for further replies.