Votes: 33 2.1%
  • From within the club

Votes: 60 3.8%
  • Other

Votes: 108 6.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Question is, will Fellaini still be an Everton player by the time we install a new manager? I can see Kenwright giving in to temptation to earn a quick 25m and then get a manager in after the sale (Stubbs - probably doesn't even know what "net spend" means) who agrees to a -25m net spend policy.

jesus christ, you make a good point, never really thought about this

But does a relegation mean he shouldn't be considered for a top job? Who else should we consider apart from Pereira? I don't see a lot out there who would work under BK

If Martinez was unlucky in taking Wigan down I might feel differently BUT he got relagated because of stubborn tactics and being incapable of organising a defense.

In the interests of sectarian fair play we could also consider Mr Ally McCoist at 100/1 with Paddy Power!

291718_1.jpg

Before he came Moyes had never even managed in the premier league. Then in his second full season he had us down in 17th. One summer later after selling all of his best players, he took us to fourth in the premier league. That was in the days of a locked out top 4 nearly all of which had far better sides than they do now. Arsenal were in their post invincible season, Chelsea had brought in Mourinho, Liverpool were en route to winning the Champions League and Man U (well they never seem to go bad do they). My point is this just shows that it is impossible to judge the new manager on what he has done before. All you can achieve by that is to try and minimise the risk (although for that there is a Juande Ramos to any argument). Guardiola, Pereira, AVB, Mourinho - at some point they were all someone elses Alan Stubbs (this is not an endorsement of Stubbs, just using him to make a point). At some point Benitez, Klopp and others were relegating sides. Whoever it is, we need to get behind him and hope for another 04/05 miracle. Despite the crest, things are not nearly as bad now as they were in 03/04.

Exactly pal, well said!.

But does a relegation mean he shouldn't be considered for a top job? Who else should we consider apart from Pereira? I don't see a lot out there who would work under BK

No, absolutely not, but people say two things to this Martinez argument

Pro - he won a trophy.
con - he got them relegated.

If people dig a but deeper, they will see his win/loss ratio, and despite the interest from Liverpool last year, he as yet to prove why he has the ability to manage a top club.

If you are asking who i want? I have no preference, really. I've said for ages Pellegrini, at least 12 months ago, but before city made him #1.

Also suggested Unai Emery, but he has moved on from Valenica, it's a knap we will end up with Neville, I absolutely believe it, I've been an evertonian for too long to accept we have a set of standards to meet within a few weeks and to act upon them thr quickly. I've seen our style in transfers, this won't be any different..

Whoever we get it will be taking a chance.

But how do I put Vitor's head on this video.

[video=youtube;-crgQGdpZR0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-crgQGdpZR0[/video]

Status
Not open for further replies.