Battle for 4th

Status
Not open for further replies.
Arsenal fans forget everything wenger has done for them!

Ok, they should still of picked up a cup trophy along the way but in a era when wenger has dismantled an invincable team, brought thru youth, limited spending to build a awesome stadia (which will allow them to compete for many years) come up against at least 2 New rich clubs, yet kept them in CL every year....

They won't appreciate him till his gone and if the football money bubble was to burst tomoz arsenal would be out front at the top!

Unfortunately for wenger the next arsenal manager will see all the benifits of his work over the last 7 yrs or so.

Exactly. Where would they be this season had all their players remained fit? They absolutely dismantled Liverpool at the Emirates earlier in the season and beat them in the cup with their B team. Had Ramsey Walcott Diaby and Ozil been fit all season do you really think they would not have the 5 or 6 extra points required to still be in the title race?

If Ozil hadnt of messed up Arsenal could well have beaten Bayern as they were flying before that penalty miss. Clearly when all their players are fit they have one of the best midfields in Europe. It is injuries and a weak mentality amongst some of their squad players that lets them down

Exactly. Where would they be this season had all their players remained fit? They absolutely dismantled Liverpool at the Emirates earlier in the season and beat them in the cup with their B team. Had Ramsey Walcott Diaby and Ozil been fit all season do you really think they would not have the 5 or 6 extra points required to still be in the title race?

If Ozil hadnt of messed up Arsenal could well have beaten Bayern as they were flying before that penalty miss. Clearly when all their players are fit they have one of the best midfields in Europe. It is injuries and a weak mentality amongst some of their squad players that lets them down

All teams could probably say less injurys and a few more points would be on the board tho (us dec-feb) but I get ur point arsenal have had key injuries.

Liverpool seem to have had virtually NONE to key men! But proves any good season always needs that bit of luck!!

As I just said on the EVERTON v ARSENAL thread, you can be almost certain that if we do finish 4th, Moychester Untied will win the CL!

(I know, I know, they still have to play in the Allianz Arena, but we're Everton and these things happen to us)

Huge, massive, game and I'm confident. When Evertonians are confident it can't be a good sign. Just hope the players are as up for it as Goodison will be..COYB!!

To be fair to Liverpool they have had key men out for periods this season which is forgotten.

Suarez was out until October due to Suspension. Sturridge was out for a couple of months plus they have had Enrique out most of the season. On top of that Lucas has been out for about 3 months alongside Johnson, Allen and Sakho for some weeks at stages of the season.

Liverpool haven't the biggest squad compared to the other Big 4 and for me the mental side they have been stronger than the Gooners. This is why Everton will beat them this weekend.

To be fair to Liverpool they have had key men out for periods this season which is forgotten.

Suarez was out until October due to Suspension. Sturridge was out for a couple of months plus they have had Enrique out most of the season. On top of that Lucas has been out for about 3 months alongside Johnson, Allen and Sakho for some weeks at stages of the season.

Liverpool haven't the biggest squad compared to the other Big 4 and for me the mental side they have been stronger than the Gooners. This is why Everton will beat them this weekend.

Great post mate, I for one love Liverpool and hope they bring the big one back to Merseyside

As I just said on the EVERTON v ARSENAL thread, you can be almost certain that if we do finish 4th, Moychester Untied will win the CL!

(I know, I know, they still have to play in the Allianz Arena, but we're Everton and these things happen to us)
Not a chance. Even if a freak result sees them past Bayern there's still a semi and a final to go, and all those left in are in a different league to Utd.

The three games in eight days could prove a bit to much. still this is Everton go for it, a tidy win Sunday will do.

Not a chance. Even if a freak result sees them past Bayern there's still a semi and a final to go, and all those left in are in a different league to Utd.
If we finish 4th we'll be in CL.

Man Utd won't beat Bayern at Bayern. Don't forget, Bayern only need a 0-0 draw.

Status
Not open for further replies.