Battle for 4th

Status
Not open for further replies.
its class reading about the arsenal on the gooner site, there all slagging there own team and petrified about us,how can we beat moneybags everton

when the rs got into the champions leauge!!! for finishing 5th, uefa wanted us out. we were drawn against the toughest opponents and we were knocked out by a perfectly diallowed goal. conspiracy in which later led to the ref retiring. they just did not want us in the champions league.

Whilst it is true that we had a perfectly good goal disallowed, the reason we lost that was sod all to do with that.

We lost because we were blown away at home and the opposition needed no help from the match officials.

To suggest that UEFA conspired to have EFC knocked out of the CL and to this end made sure we played the Euro giant that is Villlareal and instructed the ref to nobble us is just plain embarrassing.

Villa real were a money team then and got to the semi final. Yes we were [Poor language removed] in the home leg but we did more than enough to earn ET in the second. Its in the past now and best forgotten.

Im buzzing for sunday, its April and still all to play for in the league!

All I see on that Arsenal thread is "Martinez next Arsenal manager".. "Martinez would be a brilliant replacement for Wenger".... "We should get Martinez unless Madrid or Barca nab him first!"

Here's an idea... Excuse me if it's completely ridiculous... He remains at Everton for a while. Sound alright?

FFS.

Re: Toffees (A) - Top 4, Six Pointer Match Thread
by goonersid on Tue Apr 01, 2014 12:06 pm

I'm at a loss to see how any [Poor language removed] on here could possibly believe that we are going to win this
icon_confused.gif

1. We are [Poor language removed] away from home against any decent standard of opposition
2. Wenger is tactically inferior to Martinez
3. Everton will be up for it, we won't.

Bizarre how negative they are. Most neutrals will have them as favourites for this.

All I see on that Arsenal thread is "Martinez next Arsenal manager".. "Martinez would be a brilliant replacement for Wenger".... "We should get Martinez unless Madrid or Barca nab him first!"

Here's an idea... Excuse me if it's completely ridiculous... He remains at Everton for a while. Sound alright?

FFS.
You're dead right mate. The sense of entitlement that pervades the mentality of some clubs is just deluded at times

I heard Frank Warren, the boxing promoter, being interviewed on radio the other day.

He is an Arsenal season ticket holder.

And he reckons that if Arsenal win the F.A. Cup this year it will mean "nothing".

He said "Arsenal should be winning the Premier League.....we the (Arsenal) fans deserve it because we have waited too long".

That sense of entitlement runs deep.

I heard Frank Warren, the boxing promoter, being interviewed on radio the other day.

And he reckons that if Arsenal win the F.A. Cup this year it will mean "nothing".

He said "Arsenal should be winning the Premier League.....we the (Arsenal) fans deserve it because we have waited too long".

In fairness to arsenal fans it doesnt matter who frank warren supports, he will still be a [Poor language removed] anyway

FFS.

theres no panic what so ever. In any possible scenario bobby will be here for many years. At some point he will take the next step thats for sure. I love the fact that he's been here like 58 seconds or so and already he's wanted by many.

We have it good lads. We have brilliant manager who "gets" Everton, understands us. We can be proud..and I know Bobby is too.

Onwards Upwards

If only Terry Marshes aim was a little bit better like the world would be a better place

Arsenal fans forget everything wenger has done for them!

Ok, they should still of picked up a cup trophy along the way but in a era when wenger has dismantled an invincable team, brought thru youth, limited spending to build a awesome stadia (which will allow them to compete for many years) come up against at least 2 New rich clubs, yet kept them in CL every year....

They won't appreciate him till his gone and if the football money bubble was to burst tomoz arsenal would be out front at the top!

Unfortunately for wenger the next arsenal manager will see all the benifits of his work over the last 7 yrs or so.

Status
Not open for further replies.