Battle for 4th

Status
Not open for further replies.
Arsenal are the team that will always under achieve. no matter how you look at it, their weaknesses never change each year. Wengers problem is not the lack of signings or anything like that, it is signing the same types of players all the time and then hoping for a different result. The reason why they finish top 4 every year is because they are decent, however they wont make the next step up because the last time they did they had a henry/viera/campbell spine to their team. Can you name one player who provides any of that?

If we finish 4th we'll be in CL.

Man Utd won't beat Bayern at Bayern. Don't forget, Bayern only need a 0-0 draw.
Bayern minus Schweinsteiger and Martinez... the core of their midfield.

They'll probably play Lahm and Kroos there but I think the absence of those two players makes 0-0 very unlikely.

They'll probably play Lahm and Kroos there but I think the absence of those two players makes 0-0 very unlikely.

Exactly.

There is an awful lot of wishful thinking going on here.

I fancy Bayern all right but a United triumph is no forlorn hope.

Yes - I'm not saying it will be 0-0 just that that possibility would be enough to see Bayern through.

Arsenal fans forget everything wenger has done for them!

Ok, they should still of picked up a cup trophy along the way but in a era when wenger has dismantled an invincable team, brought thru youth, limited spending to build a awesome stadia (which will allow them to compete for many years) come up against at least 2 New rich clubs, yet kept them in CL every year....

They won't appreciate him till his gone and if the football money bubble was to burst tomoz arsenal would be out front at the top!

Unfortunately for wenger the next arsenal manager will see all the benifits of his work over the last 7 yrs or so.
No, we didn't forget anything Wenger has done for us. In fact, that's precisely the reason why we stuck by him for 8 straight years without a trophy. A record that is unprecedented for any club playing European football. It is not just for our sake, but also for Wenger's sake that we would like him to leave on a high this year if we hopefully win the FA cup. There is no doubt that he has taken us as far as he could.

People reckoning on Untied winning the CL are forgetting one major thing : no disrespect to Untied and in all fairness to them, they are not very good team this season.

No, we didn't forget anything Wenger has done for us. In fact, that's precisely the reason why we stuck by him for 8 straight years without a trophy. A record that is unprecedented for any club playing European football. It is not just for our sake, but also for Wenger's sake that we would like him to leave on a high this year if we hopefully win the FA cup. There is no doubt that he has taken us as far as he could.

to be fair to ya mate, i see what you mean, all managers regardless of who they are have a shelf life at a club or in the game in general, can see it clearly that very few remain at the very top eternally like, and even rarer to do it for a prolonged period at the same clubs, eventually people get too used to your methods, your way of motivating doesnt work the same way when everyone knows you inside and out etc

Like wenger a lot, but don't ever see him getting arsenal back to were they were 10-15 years ago

I agree with you mate. Of course the more feral of Gunner fans have been given greater blog/media prominence than the more silent majority. No doubt though that Wenger's time has now reached it's use by date. Talk of RM going there is just deluded though.

Was thinking about this on my way in to work this morning - in hindsight it was going to take an almost unprecedented run of form for us to snatch 4th this year - with the arse winning their remaining games after we'd spanked them, we would have had to win every game (possibly one draw). That would have effectively meant us putting together a 12 match winning run which was probably asking too much - especially taking into account the injuries we picked up. 5th is an excellent finish for us though and gives a superb platform to build from next year...up the blue boys!

Status
Not open for further replies.