2017/18 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
... and will people stop comparing him to Kane

I think that's either a defense mechanism, or just an exaggerated reaction to people saying he's awful.

He's not awful, he's unlikely to ever be a regular twenty goals a season striker, but he's a young player who's obviously improved quite a bit already this season, and will likely continue to improve.

If we'd signed two strikers in the Summer, he'd either be on the bench, playing for the U23's or out on loan, but we didn't, so, for the life of me, I can't understand why people can't see the positives associated with watching a young player progressing, but would rather sl@g him off at any opportunity.

He also has lovely eyes.

I can see this being another Barkley thread . So before anyone starts saying I hate DCL I don't . But saying he's good enough to be playing every week is not true IMO and will people stop comparing him to Kane please just as the people that compare ross to lampard,Gerard and scholes... it's not even a remotely accurate comparison
Agree

I can see this being another Barkley thread . So before anyone starts saying I hate DCL I don't . But saying he's good enough to be playing every week is not true IMO and will people stop comparing him to Kane please just as the people that compare ross to lampard,Gerard and scholes... it's not even a remotely accurate comparison
you can't help yourself can you, so full of hate and toxicity

It's great to be part of a club, who offers youngsters the time of day.
And this one, pays back the trust, in full.

Im soo greatfull for the energy he has put in to the matches.

Amazing contribution from such a Young lad.

We don't have a choice but to offer youngsters the time of day. I'd sooner have a better striker, like.

I think he'd work much better as a supplier in a front two

He's very unselfish and can find a pass well

He's not a lone striker, not yet, but give him a striking partner and I reckon he'd be extremely useful

Yes, that's how I've been seeing him, like a Mark Hughes type who does all the hard work and defenders hate playing against and chips in with a good amount of goals. That would be an ideal player.

I like him he has a lot going for him can't fault his energy an effort. He is not a natural finisher tho so the comparisons to Kane is a bit silly because that's exactly what he is but if he put the extra hours in on the training pitch just doing finishing drills he could become a great player. The lad is only young an he is improving all the time but he does need to put the effort in to improve his goal scoring.

I can see Fat Sam signing an established workmanlike centre forward and playing him over DCL.
So can I. If he's decent quality and scores goals I wouldn't be too bothered. DCL is probably getting a bit too much playing time and needs help to share the burden of expectation (not to mention goals). But if it turns out to be another Martina like purchase then I'll be all over it like a rash.

Status
Not open for further replies.