2017/18 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nowhere near fast enough.

I think the lad has a turn of pace mate, but i know what you mean, i think its broader then that though, for me part of the reason we got a result at City was DCL absolutely dominating Walker, which is why we were able to hold a high line upfront.

Are we the only team who have taken points of them this season?

Calvert-Lewin, at least at the moment while Bolasie's got one leg, is the fastest player in our squad I reckon. At least once he gets going. Those long strides are deceivingly quck.

There's a number of reasons DCL shouldn't play out wide, a lack of pace isn't one lf them.

Really looking forward to seeing how he plays against Lovren and Klaven on Sunday, surely have a few chances to score/set up something against those two. Up to him to take those chances and stay in the starting line-up a little longer.

I think he’d do alright contesting balls in the air against Liverpool. Lovren actually struggles more under a high ball than on the deck.

Would still prefer Niasse tbh though.

I like the lad but have been admittedly unconvinced about him being a top class forward. I even wanted Niasse to start in my predicted line up on Saturday.

He proved my wrong then and I'm happy for him to continue to do so...

Status
Not open for further replies.