2017/18 Ross Barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m just gutted. We’ve lost some decent players in the past year or so but least we got top dollar. Such a shame we have to part with him for such a little fee.

He's turned us into a laughing stock. You only have to rewind to four weeks ago to remember that.

The reason that we became a laughing stock was the fact that we spent money on the wrong players, not that there wasn´t investment in the team. Walsh and Koeman are to blame for that.

You don’t seem to have grasped that no one showed interest in him when he had a decent length left on his contract, he is appealing to clubs now BECAUSE he’s cheap due to his current contracts expirey date.

The figures I gave are a guesstimate but if he was valued at £35m with one year left then it stands to reason his value would increase considerably with a new deal thus reducing the chances of him leaving.

A wantaway Barkley signing a new deal to increase his value would have only benefited Everton.

Think that’s where we disagree, you think no-one wanted him, and he’s only being bought cos he’s on cheap.

If he’d have signed new contract when it was first offered well over a year ago, he’d have been targeted by clubs after a fantastic 3-4 months at the start of the year. As it was, clubs knew they could bide their time and get him on the cheap as it’s been well known that he’s a ‘contract rebel’.

Think that’s where we disagree, you think no-one wanted him, and he’s only being bought cos he’s on cheap.

If he’d have signed new contract when it was first offered well over a year ago, he’d have been targeted by clubs after a fantastic 3-4 months at the start of the year. As it was, clubs knew they could bide their time and get him on the cheap as it’s been well known that he’s a ‘contract rebel’.

Yeah we’re not going to agree on that, no way was anyone ever spending £50m+ given his patchy form over the past three seasons.

Enjoy, Ross.

stadium-tours-and-museum.jpg

I bet the Chelsea fans aren't too excited they're signing him, he's going to have to step it up big time to become anything other than a bit part player for them. Honestly think Fellaini and Arteta where better and more consistent players in their own right for Everton than what Barkley has achieved so far and neither of them had too much of an impact at Man Utd /Arsenal respectively. I think the lads going to find it difficult to make himself a first team starter regularly there over a long period of time. We'll find out anyway.

I wish him well.

It has looked more and more likely over the last couple of years that he was never going to fulfill his potential, and certainly not with us. It's unlikely he will do it with Chelsea either, but maybe a change will kickstart his career.

I don't have much ill feeling towards him any more, but I certainly understand those who do.

I bet the Chelsea fans aren't too excited they're signing him, he's going to have to step it up big time to become anything other than a bit part player for them. Honestly think Fellaini and Arteta where better and more consistent players in their own right for Everton than what Barkley has achieved so far and neither of them had too much of an impact at Man Utd /Arsenal respectively. I think the lads going to find it difficult to make himself a first team starter regularly there over a long period of time. We'll find out anyway.

Don´t think Ross will see much playing time at Chelsea. The odd cameo in the cups perhaps. They have so many midfielders who are better than him.

Status
Not open for further replies.