2017/18 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
At his age Lewandowski still played in polish Ekstraklasa. And when he was 22 he scored 8 goals in a Bundesliga full season and many were saying he's crap and never gonna make it.

Their trajectories are not the same, because in Lewandowski's first season he scored 8 goals in 1500 minutes. DCLs 4 goals in 1900 minutes is a far cry from that. Thats roughly every 185 minutes vs every 475 minutes. Right now we dream of DCL scoring 8 next season.

Their trajectories are not the same, because in Lewandowski's first season he scored 8 goals in 1500 minutes. DCLs 4 goals in 1900 minutes is a far cry from that. Thats roughly every 185 minutes vs every 475 minutes. Right now we dream of DCL scoring 8 next season.

So DCL gets no benefit of the doubt in a season full of terrible tactics and football with far too many new faces trying to sort it out?

Weird.

Last time I checked DCL wasn’t Robert Lewandowski. Unlike most of our players he’s had some spells where he hasn’t been total crap. So how about some of us get rid of this ridiculous expectation that all of our young players have to already be world class and actually get behind him whilst he learns his game.

..the top goalscorers tend to be prolific through their youth years, they tend to be sweet strikers of a football and they regularly finish just inside the post. I like DCL but I doubt he’ll ever be a prolific scorer. It’s likely he’ll be a player a prolific scorer plays alongside (Lineker/Sharp for example).

Is right, jib all this scoring goals lark.
He's clearly not a clinical finisher but that doesn't mean he's a not a useful player or a talented one.

Shane Long's been a Premier League player for over 10 years and made 268 appearances. He's never scored over 10 in a league season. He still plays for a Premier Club every year because he's useful.

You need players who have different strengths to have a versatile squad. We're not in a position to have players who can do it all as they're all at better clubs.

He's clearly not a clinical finisher but that doesn't mean he's a not a useful player or a talented one.

Shane Long's been a Premier League player for over 10 years and made 268 appearances. He's never scored over 10 in a league season. He still plays for a Premier Club every year because he's useful.

You need players who have different strengths to have a versatile squad. We're not in a position to have players who can do it all as they're all at better clubs.

to be fair shane long is a utter yard dog and plays for clubs who are normally at the bottom for that reason

to be fair shane long is a utter yard dog and plays for clubs who are normally at the bottom for that reason
I don't think Long's a great player like but he clearly offers work rate and can bring other players into the game.

DCL has done that for us in his first full season and he's done it in a terrible team. He got 9 goals in all comps and 6 assists for the worst side in the league creatively.

I simply just don't get those who try and tear him down or say he's worthless because he's a bit jarg at putting the ball in the net.

Status
Not open for further replies.