2017/18 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
When was the last time he put a display in which was head and shoulders above the rest of the team?? City, 2nd game of the season?
Also, why should a player have to be head and shoulders above the rest of the team to be of some worth as a first team player?

I can't think of any player who has done that last season, not do I think that is a requirement to be playing. That would say more about the lack of quality in the team if that was the case.

You're comparing him to Jesus for a start who is a very talented Brazilian.
You're also comparing a City team that creates chances for fun to Everton who don't create anything for the strikers at all and are fed on scraps.

You're holding the bar way too high for DCL.

No I’m not one bit; you should read the the post before. Someone said that even Jesus didn’t get 20 this season so it’s ok.

Also, why should a player have to be head and shoulders above the rest of the team to be of some worth as a first team player?

I can't think of any player who has done that last season, not do I think that is a requirement to be playing. That would say more about the lack of quality in the team if that was the case.

Rooney did a couple of times, but he's not good enough for us either apparently.

So basically, DCL needs to be head and shoulders above the rest of our squad, to still be considered not good enough for us.

He was 21 in March.

And Davy Klaassen has less goals and assists than Mo Saleh.

You're an idiot.

giphy.gif

Oh ok, so because nobody else did it’s fine. Let’s embrace mediocrity

Carry on

I think about 3 teams in the PL would take him, if that. And I’m not saying he won’t improve, I’m saying he’ll never be good enough for where we want to go as a club. Holding on to this belief that our young players will turn into world beaters has always been around this club, and bar 2 in the last 20 years, none of the ability to take the club to the next level
OK. There are 20 teams in the premier league and just say they all have 3 strikers in their squads. So that is 48 strikers in the premier that are better than DCL. Name them because I'm buggered if I can name more than 20, and that's being kind to a few of them.

When was the last time he put a display in which was head and shoulders above the rest of the team?? City, 2nd game of the season?
I think about 3 teams in the PL would take him, if that. And I’m not saying he won’t improve, I’m saying he’ll never be good enough for where we want to go as a club. Holding on to this belief that our young players will turn into world beaters has always been around this club, and bar 2 in the last 20 years, none of the ability to take the club to the next level
Nobody has said he is going to be a world beater. None of our current youngsters are likely to become world beaters. Chances are if they did they wouldn't stay very long with us anyway. But there is a massive chasm between being a world beater and being a good premier standard player, and most of the young players in and around the squad now have an opportunity to reach that level. They may not, and even if they do may not be good enough to be regular starters, but all clubs need a squad, and even the very top clubs don't have 2 top class players for every position.

Can you read?

So you would like a team with 1 stand out player in it?

Carry on.

I think you’re missing the point. Nobody is getting a pass, maybe Seamus and Rooney for the first half of the season.

Just because the others haven’t does not mean we should accept mediocre players.

But, you know, some do

Status
Not open for further replies.