Are you worried?

Are you concerned heading into the new season?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m not usually a worrier, but if you think we’re bringing the 4/5 players we need in when it’s taken us all this time to bring in 1 you’re kidding yourself.

I understand patience is needed this season and probably next but some progress is needed for that trust and patience from the fans.

We all hoped and still do that Brands was going to help sort this mess out, but bringing in the managers former player then being linked with some of the players we have been, have we just appointed Walsh ll?

Hopefully I’m just turning into a bed wetter in my old age :blush: but I thought there would be bigger changes/improvement this summer. Times running out though, still need to replace Rom and with our new attacking style, with no goals coming from up front, our defence which has looked terrible for years, but ignored because we had a striker who took the pressure off, has finally last season been seen for what they truly are and needs totally rebuilding.

So......yeah, starting to get a little worried now :cheers:

I honestly thought brands and silva actually had a plan for us.

they both seemed to be in cahoots with the club way before they signed up.

the fact that we are still scrutting round for a LB, when they've known for 6 months or more that it is a must, tells me that they aren't as organised as I thought they might be.

I can only see a few deadline day loan deals coming … they wont want to be spending loads on panic buys, so best to loan them

worried definitely yes

IMO our squad is my main concern after 3 managers in such a short spell , they are disjointed , confused , disillusioned and those who don't give a toss we also have decent young players whom have suffered from this negativity surrounding Everton from early last season

Silva and Brands need our support , lets hope I am proved totally wrong and need to eat humble pie to those who picked No !

It's going to take 4 Windows sort this mess out, I don't think the majority have the stomach for it.

Hence Hysteria

And a Silva P45 before he can make a difference.

That's my prediction

Hopefully it's all a bit con and the reason we look so disjointed is he is absolutely running the crap outta them before season starts. We need serious dead wood gone

I guess if I had as much knowledge of the current inner workings of a brand new staff that many of you have, I’d be worried...

Massively.

We are miles behind last seasons top 6 and I honestly think Fulham and West Ham all have stronger teams than us and more of a direction.

Our team is stale and I am gobsmacked that we only have 2 new signings with 12 days to go.

We're behind schedule, and we're got a lot of dead wood. It is worrying.

But this mess will take 2 or 3 windows to sort out, so all I'm looking for is a bit of solidity and a decent foundation. Not expecting much this season, and anyone that is is living in a wonderland.

If you had to cut down a big wood of useless trees, would you steam in, waving your chainsaw hither and yon? No you would not, as it is faster overall to take a steady,methodical approach one tree at a time.

So the squad is a bit of a tragedy, but I'm not unduly worried about the transfer situation - it does need chainsawing but that takes time. Silva needs to get a proper look at the young players in particular and decide who's in and who's out. Think most of us would settle for seeing some football played, some evidence that he knows where he wants to take us, and some commitment (goes without saying). If that's 7th or 15th I'm NEA really, although it will probably be higher than lower just because we under-rate a lot of our own players [like most fans do tbh]. Won't be the easiest of seasons.

We're behind schedule, and we're got a lot of dead wood. It is worrying.

But this mess will take 2 or 3 windows to sort out, so all I'm looking for is a bit of solidity and a decent foundation. Not expecting much this season, and anyone that is is living in a wonderland.

All I ask for of Everton this season is to see a long term plan, and to enjoy going to Goodison again.

If we dont get decent CB in quick and i mean decent not some crap UTD reject, Pickford is going to have a third season of playing behind rubbish and will do all he can to get out next summer

Status
Not open for further replies.