Votes: 329 40.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 81 10.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
SANDRO IN VALLADOLID TALKS
Everton
striker Sandro Ramirez is in advanced discussions with Real Valladolid with a view to a permanent move to the La Liga club, Sky Sports News understands.
Ramirez, who joined Everton two years ago, has struggled to force his way into the plans of Marco Silva and has spent two spells on loan at Sevilla and Real Sociedad.
god lord Brands,player on ridiculous wage and he still manages to move him

Can we stop with goals as the only measure of Sandro's performance? He was playing left mid half his games. Willian Jose is a terrific player and even he didn't score a ton there.

Not saying he was great, but he's not half as bad as some of you make him out to be. Do I want him gone? Yes. But Bernard didn't score and was playing in a similar position. Let's not say he isn't any good.
He is absolutely woeful, he hasn't scored a goal for the best part of 2 years, as a striker, without being injured. That video of him leaving a driver sized divot in the ground instead of kicking the ball says it all mate. I was excited when we signed him, young Spanish striker in good form with a fancy name. What's not to like? We would genuinely have been better off taking that money out the bank, covering it in petrol and setting it on fire.

Can we stop with goals as the only measure of Sandro's performance? He was playing left mid half his games. Willian Jose is a terrific player and even he didn't score a ton there.

Not saying he was great, but he's not half as bad as some of you make him out to be. Do I want him gone? Yes. But Bernard didn't score and was playing in a similar position. Let's not say he isn't any good.
This is where your obsession with stats becomes your downfall, because anybody who watched Sandro play for us would tell you he was rubbish, the lack of goals was just the tip of the iceberg. Sandro is a very direct player, scoring goals is a key part of his game because of how he plays, so using his lack of them as evidence of poor performance is perfectly legitimate. Bernard is very much at the other end of the spectrum. He needs to add more goals, but his game just isn't based on being a direct threat in the same way. There's no comparison.

Other than the fact we were giving up the same number of chances a game?

Look, we were better defensively relative to the rest of the league than we were in attack. Think that was pretty obvious to most. We need to improve in both areas, though.
No that genuinely is not remotely obvious to me. From memory of that time half the forum was screaming out for silva to go (including me at one point) specifically because we couldn't defend, yeah namely from set pieces but defending set pieces is a fundamental component of defending. I've no idea what you're getting at with the chances per game. Clean sheets is surely the ultimate measure of defensive performance?

This is the least shocking thing written on the board today.

2784941600000578-3036912-Loughran_became_known_as_Statto_when_he_worked_alongside_David_B-a-5_1428998760159.jpg

While Bernard scored zero I can't imagine Sandro doing the defensive work Bernard does or linking up with Digne like Bernard does.

Don't know if this has been mentioned but the odds on Fabian Delph joining us have gone as short as 8/13 on SkyBet today.

Lol, he was crap mate.

A team signing SANDRO on a permanent [hopefully it is] must be out of there minds,but thank god there is one as i thought we would be stuck with him till his contract ends-to think even for the 5mil we thought it was one heck of a good deal lol,thankfully it was not 20 mil

The "bigger" clubs are starting to spend, even Arsenal according to the press today. Makes me realise how lower down the football scale we are. Probably we have little eno money available until most of the 10 or so deadwood players are binned. On here we have endless discussion on the likes of Davis, Lookman, Niasse plus many others, none of who would get a job anywhere in the PL. Can't wait for news of a stream of players leaving this summer and quickly.

We will see little to no activity until we get rid of the dross on huge wages

Status
Not open for further replies.