2020/21 James Rodriguez

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would hope he retires from international duty soon tbh - with him approaching 30 you only have to look at the benefits scrapping England off has done for the likes of Vardy.

If we get Europe next season he'll have a lot of game time and internationals should be used as a break time for him.

I would hope he retires from international duty soon tbh - with him approaching 30 you only have to look at the benefits scrapping England off has done for the likes of Vardy.

If we get Europe next season he'll have a lot of game time and internationals should be used as a break time for him.

Mate come on. Don’t be upsetting our Colombians. Let’s not be greedy. He can stroll around the pitch for both for the next 5 years. His wrist is my only concern from the imaginary cards.

Not been here long and you're doubting hi

A few weeks ago you were proclaiming him as the greatest ever player to wear the Royal blue Jersey. Now you are doubting his commitment to the cause.
I never stated that. And even if I did the two aren't mutually exclusive.

Surely his history of not being able to last a full season is a reason why Ancelotti may want to manage his game time rather than play him in every game and see what happens...
Yes, I agree. That will be it. And I think it'll extent beyond enforced actual injury breaks.

All Im saying is: we better get used to this.

We can probably forget that idea completely with South American players.

Aye, we should know better. Next time he pops off on one:

giphy.gif

Anyway... James, I’m wide open if you wanna lob one in. I’m committed, are you? Dave thinks not. Prove him wrong Jambo xx

Commonsense tells you he came here with a package of demands that would have needed to be met. His playing record suggests he doesn't do full seasons - for anyone.

I could well imagine an inducement to come from Ancelotti with an agreement he'd have plenty of down time. It's just unrealistic to expect a player with his record signing on the dotted line without those assurances. Extended international breaks would be good times for him to exercise any understanding like that.

Where is he now? Is he in Liverpool or back home or back in Spain? Or is he at FF getting treatment? Genuine question.
I love you Dave x

Yes, I agree. That will be it. And I think it'll extent beyond enforced actual injury breaks.

All Im saying is: we better get used to this.

Yeah in some ways it can be a good thing, the fringe players in Sigurdsson, Iwobi, Gordon and Bernard... even Davies know there are plenty of games to go around for them they just need to impress.

The sadness here is its one less opportunity to see him play, hes such a pleasure to watch.

Some players make the game a thing of beauty and Jamo is an artist.

This 100%

I haven't enjoyed football this much since World Cup 98. There were some absolute ballers on show then. Zidane, real Ronaldo, Rivaldo, Viera, Bergkamp, Henry, Roberto Carlos, Cafu, Kluivert, Batistuta, Baggio etc. Poetry in motion in most games. The samba song. The Pepsi ads with the Brazil squad volleying the ball all over the shop. Just magic.

I always had a soft spot for defenders back then. Thuram, Cannavaro, Nesta, Maldini.. and for some reason Scotland's Colin Hendry were my idols.

Our boy Hamez brings back some of that samba magic when football was pure joy. God bless his little Colombian head.

Status
Not open for further replies.