Everton January transfer window 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Again there is not another group of people in world football besides Evertonians who don't rate Kean as a prospect. I guess maybe Fulham fans think King is decent too. Not sure many others. We're weird.
The lad is still a prospect, hes played and scored goals for Juve and PSG, hes also played for his National team at a very young age.

Hes very much a prospect, but I honestly don't think he suits Everton, so thus hes of no use to me as an Everton fan, other than some cash money in 6months.

And we had pretty much a free run at Kean when we signed him, so I guess why would only Everton be interested in such a good player?

Come the next window we'll be looking for someone better than King and he'll sit on the bench chewing up wages.

We can't afford to have somebody waste wages like that. We don't have the finances of the top PL clubs to allow us to burn money.

If the rumoured 5 or 6m is correct its probably cost 10m less. Its not ideal but the logic isn't awful. Everyone knew he had a knock in the Autumn and would be cheaper in January.

There's also no chance we will be offering 110k per week. He'll be on good money of course but not ludicrous money like some are suggesting.
Pickford is on 100k a week.
We put Bolasie on 70k a week.
Bernard is on 120k a week.
Hardly would be surprising if he's on stupid money it's our famous motto. DCL's probably on 20k a week.

King hardly played in the first half of the season due to injury I believe. If that's who you're on about.
Was out injured, then got covid, and then has struggled to get fit again following that. Sounds like he had it bad. No real way of knowing how much it has actually impacted him, as while he is managing 90 mins again in a couple of games, no idea if it's as effective or doing as much as he used to.

So there's an additional risk there that he can't manage the pace anymore.

If the rumoured 5 or 6m is correct its probably cost 10m less. Its not ideal but the logic isn't awful. Everyone knew he had a knock in the Autumn and would be cheaper in January.

There's also no chance we will be offering 110k per week. He'll be on good money of course but not ludicrous money like some are suggesting.

Yeah sorry just meant when you throw in wages etc.

Yeah, we definitely won't be, but they'll be sizeable - probably 60-70k.

Anyway, if he scores 5 goals and that helps us get top six...

Status
Not open for further replies.