New Everton Manager

Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Surprising that Nuno even wants to come here.
If he read this forum he wouldn't want to.

Never seen so much bellyaching from people in my life. The hilarious thing is that they think they're complaints are going to be taken into consideration...with some of them even believing Brands the nodding dog will be their saviour and stop it happening!!!

Me, I'm absolutely fine with a manager who got a club like Wolves to two 7th place finishes and won well over half his games when in charge of Porto and Valencia.

Maybe others have more exacting standards in their demands for Mancini and Conte...and believe more than I do that those type of manager's will consider coming here.

Of course we hope like all Everton managers that he is successful, but like many on here I’m underwhelmed with the likely appointment of Nuno. We have been in the doldrums for so long, is he really the man to change the mentality within the club? Time will tell I guess.

I said toilet OR didn’t do much for Everton. Etoo clearly falls into the latter.

Cleverley was very average for us which probably why an average team then bought him for an average fee. Getting a poor player for free and then selling him isn’t a good transfer. It’s like if Brands sold Bernard now for money and we claimed it was a good deal, it hasn’t been, he’s done nothing, just as Cleverley offered nothing.

Galloway gave good service? Come on. Lennon i liked but he was a solid jobbing player for us, difficult to class as a success.
...but you believe Martinez only signed 5 good players out of 24. That's very black and white. It's like a player had to be a roaring runaway success to be considered value for money or they were 'failures'. My point is that there is grey in their too.

no they’re level of credentials. Wolves bin him we get him superb business acumen that
And Napoli bin Ancelotti. But it's a totally different situation? For you football is a very straight forward game. Saville Row suit guarantees CL qualification? We are a team that finishes most seasons in the top half of the table,if we hadn't given Ancelotti a huge contract he wouldn't have come near us. Other top managers have looked at the situation and wouldn't touch us with a long stick. Getting a manager who's managed European qualification is the best we can hope for. Unless you know that we've knocked back better?

The voice of reason @davek

got a good feeling about Nuno. We were paying CA a criminal amount for what we got in return Happy for Nuno to come in and show us what he can do.

Never seen so much bellyaching from people in my life. The hilarious thing is that they think they're complaints are going to be taken into consideration...with some of them even believing Brands the nodding dog will be their saviour and stop it happening!!!

Me, I'm absolutely fine with a manager who got a club like Wolves to two 7th place finishes and won well over half his games when in charge of Porto and Valencia.

Maybe others have more exacting standards in their demands for Mancini and Conte...and believe more than I do that those type of manager's will consider coming here.

The voice of reason @davek

got a good feeling about Nuno. We were paying CA a criminal amount for what we got in return Happy for Nuno to come in and show us what he can do.
Let's have this right: the reaction here is a pile on against a good manager. For what possible 'alternative reasons' other than football I'll let others ponder....

And Napoli bin Ancelotti But it's a totally different situation? For you football ISA very straight forward game. Saville Row suit guarantees CL qualification? We are a team that finishes most seasons in the top half of the table,if we hadn't given Ancelotti a huge contract he wouldn't have come near us. Other top managers have looked at the situation and wouldn't touch us with a long stick. Getting a manager who's managed European qualification is the best we can hope for. Unless you know that we've knocked back better?

if evertons board think hiring nuno is a way of moving us forwards then who am I aye to Criticise?

Spot on mate.

I'm clearly more hungover than I thought because I appear to be agreeing with most of Dave's posts this morning.

Ancelotti's brief stop here (and let's have it right, it was practically a layover between destinations for him) seems to have everyone thinking that we can get the likes of Conte etc

We are a club who have averaged a finish of 10th over the last 7 years. Take the blue-tinted glasses off and think about how the rest of the world sees us.

Nuno wouldn't be my first choice, but to turn your noses up at a guy who got a newly promoted team to 7th place two years on the bounce is practically lunacy as things stand.

if evertons board think hiring nuno is a way of moving us forwards then who am I aye to Criticise?
Matty,it's not a complicated situation. Ancelotti leaves,the agents of managers all over the world in and out of work are aware of the package we offer. If,and it's still an if,Nuno gets the job it's because he's seen as the best of the applicants. That means that Conti,Potter,Howe etc either didn't apply or weren't seen as suitable. There's no conspiracy to land us with a tramp figure just to wind some of the forum members up.

Here are my objections to Nuno:

1) He stands for a defensive type of football. He approach is reactive instead of proactive. Even in the Championship - when Wolverhampton were one of the best teams - he had this approach. After Ancelotti's Catenaccio period, it's the last thing we need. We need a manager who is proactive, wants to win the duels high on the field, and try to dominate the matches.

2) His periods in Valencia and Porto were not exactly successful. The fans hated the way they played football, and not winning anything with Porto is not impressive. He had a good first season with Valencia, but eventually the results only got worse and worse. His teams have always had problems beating opponents who are believed to be weaker. This also applies to Wolves.

We need a manager who can give us optimism, and who gives us faith in the impossible. One who believes attacking is the best defense, and who wants to win the ball high up on the opponent's half of the field. A manager who stands for vertical positional football, and who believes that football means something more than just results. It has an aesthetic side to it.

I just can not bear, once again, to sit and watch my team sit absorbing pressure around the penalty area, and wait for a set piece or to counter a goal. If we are going to go for this style of play then we can just as well hire Egil Olsen, Nils Johan Semb, Lars Lagerback, etc., these guys are experts in this.

Status
Not open for further replies.