New Everton Manager

Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Probably a load of codswallop but hey ho. Everyone has an insider innit lol - https://www.[Publication is blackli...n-manager-twist-amid-conte-talks-development/:

Sources: Big Everton manager twist amid Conte talks development

By Wayne Veysey

15th June 2021 at 2:38pm

Everton have made contact with Antonio Conte as they are yet to reach a full agreement with Nuno Espirtio Santo, Football Insider has learned.

It emerged on Friday night that the Merseyside had made another big push for the Portugese after his negotiations with Crystal Palace collapsed last midweek.

But, as of early afternoon today, Everton had yet to seal a deal with Nuno and the club’s board are keeping other options open.

A Goodison source has told Football Insider that one of the managers they are talking to is Conte following his recent Inter Milan exit.

That represents a huge and exciting prospect for Everton fans following Carlo Ancelotti’s abrupt exit a fortnight ago.

The Italian recently came close to landing the Tottenham job only for talks to collapse late on when an agreement was close.

He has one of the best CVs in modern management, clinching his fifth league title during the recently-completed Serie A campaign.

The former Chelsea and Juventus boss is also ambitious and is used to working at clubs with bigger budgets than most rivals, something he would also likely enjoy at Everton.

The extent of Conte’s interest in the Merseysiders – who finished 10th in the Premier League last term – remains to be seen but they offer a potentially attractive route back into English football.

a seasoned relegation "firefighter" doing the job he was asked to do is somehow worse than willingly picking Rafael with multiple other candidates about? I felt like we had no choice at the time of Fat Sam's appointment we was have potentially gone down that season.

For me it is, that showed how far we had sunk in a matter of a few years. I read a lot of people with delusions of grandeur saying I won't accept this person or that, at the end of the day the manager of this club is like the sands of time. Allardyce proves that. We should get behind anyone who gets the job else we give the players excuses to not try if the manager is set up to be the fall guy straight from the off.

All we need is one of these managers to get us in Europe season after season and get us competing at the sharp end. I don't really want either, but if that's NES or Benitez I don't give a flying. Get us to a stage where we can then attract the top managers and the job is done.

Conte great manager though he is, would be much the same as Ancelotti, another short term, quick fix, that drops his drawers, when the first CL team come calling. Don't you think we need some stability after five managers, five years of mayhem ? Never going to happen is it.
The difference is Conte's entire career thus far has been taking teams up to greatness.

Apparently Conte is now our backup plan incase Nuno doesn't work out... what a time to be alive.
https://www.[Publication is blackli...n-manager-twist-amid-conte-talks-development/

Don't understand the hate for Benitez being ex Liverpool. Yes the 'small club' thing but he was playing to the gallery, Moyes did it with the People's Club thing, every manager does it.

I do understand the thinking he's finished after deciding to go to China, as that's money over ambition clearly, so an objection to him based on that is fine.

But if I had a straight choice between Rafael and Nuno, it's Rafael all day long.
Understand where you are coming from. If he got the job I'd personally give him the chance. He has a good cv. But two things, I'd rather someone who has the hunger to do well and not just get their final pay cheque.

Secondly, I know our fan base at large won't have the patience. They'll turn on him the first opportunity they get and if the board don't realise this they shouldn't own a football club.

Status
Not open for further replies.