New Everton Manager

Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
251629F4-E9B1-42C2-A68B-BDBBD5EA4690.png

There would not be many dissenters to this. It’s the obvious choice for me now.

Wasn't Galtier rumoured to say he wants someone better than Everton.
I don't think that's what the supposed quote was. It was something like "he expected better", which I think was suggesting he wasn't impressed with how Everton handled speaking to him.

It's a moot point though, as that quote was made up by some no mark Twitter itk.

He didn't bomb badly. That's false narrative.

Unbeaten in their champions league group. Most goals scored in Europe. Chances are that they would have won the champions league with Rafael in charge.

They were 3rd in the league, 4 points behind when he was sacked. Its said that the reason he was sacked was political reasons, rather than results.

For instance when they lost 4-0 to Barcelona, he was told to play an attacking side, when he wanted to play more defensive. He was told which players needed to play. If he was left to his own devices, results would have been different. But at Madrid, its all about appeasing sponsors.
Pipe it Guillem

I am sick and tired of this whole process hopefully by the end of the week we will have an answer.
I think it's time for us all to step back and let the club decide who it's going to be . Everybody has the right to decide wether they will still go the match but there is no point in going the game to boo who ever is in charge.
I am an Evertonian and will still be regardless of the decision.
I'm pretty certain the fans have never actually stepped forward to become a part of the process. It has always been a club decision so no stepping back is required.
As fans all we can do is discuss, disagree, write on bedsheets and complain.

The truth of the matter is that no manager gets a honeymoon period at Everton. Results will determine matters. That's always been the case...and at all clubs.

George Graham shut Spurs fans up for a while by winning. Then he was sacked 2.5 years later.

And I wouldn't put an awful lot of faith in fans using social media stopping this - IF it is to happen.
Yup, and while we all acknowledge a voluble section of the fanbase are implacably opposed to Benitez, I think we should not underestimate the amount of fans who would accept this appointment or who will go into it with an open mind. People can tear up season tickets and the like over this - and I respect that position - but unless there are enough torn up season tickets that result in a failure to sell the usual quota, then other bums will fill those seats and the club hierarchy will move merrily along.

If the proposed new manager was a convicted criminal, I could imagine a revolution in the fan base blocking his appoinment. As it is, the majority of fans are not going to take up pitchforks because he once managed Liverpool. That's not a criticism of any of our fans, by the way. It's simply recognition that we are a far broader church than what may sometimes seem the case.

He didn't bomb badly. That's false narrative.

Unbeaten in their champions league group. Most goals scored in Europe. Chances are that they would have won the champions league with Rafael in charge.

They were 3rd in the league, 4 points behind when he was sacked. Its said that the reason he was sacked was political reasons, rather than results.

For instance when they lost 4-0 to Barcelona, he was told to play an attacking side, when he wanted to play more defensive. He was told which players needed to play. If he was left to his own devices, results would have been different. But at Madrid, its all about appeasing sponsors.
U no way to much about him

Status
Not open for further replies.