New Everton Manager

Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
i am not sure finishing 10th 8 points behind 4th place is the brink of the champions league tbh mate. My point was people moaned about Roberto and he is managing one of the top international sides. Koeman wasnt good enough , yet is at Barca. Ancelloti is at Real Madrid, not good enough for us apparently (in some quarters). I dont think it matters who we get in i cant see us ever being any good and especially not good enough to challenge the top 4. Not for a long time

People moaned about Martinez and Koeman (and Ancelotti to an extent) because they were by and large crap for us.

Belgium is not a big job in football, Koeman is a Barcelona legend and Ancelloti is one of the most decorated managers ever. The roles they are in makes perfect sense without really saying anything about us.

Problem is, it's highly unlikely that he could improve us without massive spending. Stand by for more of the same, but, with an odious whinging stunt of a kopite in our dugout. Oh and by the way, he will be slagging the board off before Christmas and good enough for them. If the appoint sweaty fatso, they deserve all they get.

Unfortunately I don't know what we have done to deserve it.
It's shocking innit. We have done nothing to deserve this. Could you ever see Liverpool going for Moyes ? Not a fat chance. Are we really that poor that the only manager that we could attract is him. Blame solely focused on the owner for me.

That was because we had one of the best managers of all time at the helm with James Rodriguez Allan Digne Richalrison DCL in the team.

We all saw how poor the results were when any of those players were missing. A lesser manager with some of those players missing or disinterested and that points gap disappears very quickly especially if the newly promoted teams are decent.

But Benitez is not a long term guy is he? He is the same style as Ancelotti and will have all of the above as well. He may well even have substantial recruitment along our right side. There should be no excuses made for him.

It'll be much harder to get points next year than this year. I can't imagine the bottom 3 all being so incompetent or the top teams dropping so many points either. That leaves less available for those in the middle. League position should be the barometer.

Why are this years promoted 3 going to be any better? Norwich won the league and got about 15 points the last time they came up. The best measure is points, and he needs to improve on 59.

"The brink of CL". What does CL stand for? Chronic lethargy? A symbol for Collapse? Colon lesions? The league table doesn't lie. We finished midtable at a time when most of the big boys underperformed against expectations.

Champions league. We were within 8 points of it. So we were very close. We improved by 10 points under Ancelotti. That improvement again gets us to 3rd.

As for big boys underperforming expectations I'm not sure. Spurs will be a lot weaker next season. Liverpool have an ageing squad with a manager who has been found out so they will decline. Arsenal are not pulling up any trees. I even think OGS at United may struggle a bit next season. Thats 4 of the top 6 who won't have the money to improve and are on the slide. It's a great opportunity.

It's shocking innit. We have done nothing to deserve this. Could you ever see Liverpool going for Moyes ? Not a fat chance. Are we really that poor that the only manager that we could attract is him. Blame solely focused on the owner for me.

Moyes is a terrible example. They wouldn't go for someone who has won nothing in his career.

A better (yet more OTT example) is Alex Ferguson. Would they have took him after United? Cant see it no matter how brilliant he was.

Champions league. We were within 8 points of it. So we were very close. We improved by 10 points under Ancelotti. That improvement again gets us to 3rd.
any form of Europe last season would be completely undeserved, We absolutely stunk.
We'd have been knocked out instantly.

i am not sure finishing 10th 8 points behind 4th place is the brink of the champions league tbh mate. My point was people moaned about Roberto and he is managing one of the top international sides. Koeman wasnt good enough , yet is at Barca. Ancelloti is at Real Madrid, not good enough for us apparently (in some quarters). I dont think it matters who we get in i cant see us ever being any good and especially not good enough to challenge the top 4. Not for a long time

We finished with 8 points of 4th, which is within touching distance. That's while throwing loads of silly points away as well.

We were within 8 points of 4th, while throwing away countless easy points. All Benitez has to do is a win a few easy home games, while keeping everything else the same and we will be in the top 4. If he can't beat the likes of Burnley/Newcastle at home he shouldn't be here.

I know I’m in a minority here, I don’t care he used to manage them , to me it’s a lot of other aspects of him I’m not fussy on.

Even with someone in charge you should have people or even Brands, keeping an eye on not just players but coaches/managers around football in case of something happen. Dossiers on managers , so if anything happens you are at least prepared to have a solid foundation on which to appoint someone.

Maybe they do and in wrong , I don’t know, to me this is iffy to say the least. Recruiting a manager shouldn’t include willing to work with Duncan or stuff like that, I’m tired of this clique type crap.

As for big boys underperforming expectations I'm not sure. Spurs will be a lot weaker next season. Liverpool have an ageing squad with a manager who has been found out so they will decline. Arsenal are not pulling up any trees. I even think OGS at United may struggle a bit next season. Thats 4 of the top 6 who won't have the money to improve and are on the slide. It's a great opportunity.

Hes not getting us ahead of City, United or Chelsea.

Benitez would need to have us ahead of the RS to get top 4.

We'd need 5 players signed.

Status
Not open for further replies.