New Everton Manager

Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well done the lads who put that banner outside his house.

Whoever is quick to condemn them are hypocrites, you will never curry favour with the kopites, no matter what you concede, no matter what you pretend is 'crossing a line'.

Have some respect and back your own, there are plenty of lads in Walton who love everton, there are lads who love this club and would go to prison for it.

I bet any money if the boys who did that banner had any input in the club, Iwobi wouldn't be here and we wouldn't of gone nearly 30 years without a cup.

The anger should be put against the board. If you want to pretend you are a superfan by arguing with other blues, that toxic mix could take us down eventually.

Well done.

Marvellous, well in mate, you're hard.

So it's now acceptable, to go to someones house, leave messages of abuse which is family will see?

Last time i checked Benitez wasn't holding a gun to Usmanov and Moshiri's head forcing an appointment. Direct your blame at the owners, who are beyond oblivious.

Has to be a wind up surely, no one is that surely that stupid.

What I have to laugh at is we had a Kopite owner with a season ticket to Anfield. he was only run out after a decade and after he near got us relegated.

Look at the damage Bill Kenwright has done to Everton since he became owner yet the same folk trying to chase Benitez out of town were probably the same ones clapping "the worlds greatest Evertonian that ever lived" on the big screen.

What I have to laugh at is we had a Kopite owner with a season ticket to Anfield. he was only run out after a decade and after he near got us relegated.
Who also took all his kopite mates to the cup final as guests of honour.
My bosses at the time were 2 of them. Both kopite season ticket holders.

Just a couple of points b4 I leave this particular thread
1 The banner outside his house is just not right imo it’s nasty, threatening and sinister. This is his family home !
2 The constant way he is referred to as FSW is becoming a concern to me as it’s verging on racism and online hate , both of which we as a society are making a huge effort to stop.
I personally don’t want him as our manager but I was also horrified to see Sammy Lee in our dugout , at the end of the day I support the team through thick and thin. Always have and always will.
3 I been very disappointed in the teams effort and attitude at times but have also had some great times as a supporter. I will be renewing my season tickets next season regardless.

That banner is absolutely reprehensible. It’s actually made me feel bad for rb where before I felt nothing but contempt for him. Horrible horrible behavior

I wasn't going to acknowledge the bloke at the game but after all this if he does sign hats off to him he has balls and I'll be clapping the fella first game against Southampton.

He has until December for me.

I keep seeing this but i'm not sure why. I'd say there's a 60% chance of this being a massive failure (increased chance because of the sheer scale of opposition to it), a 39% chance of it being a completely unremarkable tenure in which we continue to finish somewhere between 7th and 11th for however long he's here, and a 1% chance of it being a big success. There is absolutely nothing in either our, or his, recent record to suggest that this will end up returning great results.
I think he has a greater chance of success than people think..... why ?

Because he will have the financial backing at Everton that he hasn't had in recent jobs.

It may be that he is a manager that is past his sell by date, as a Liverpool supporting colleague of mine said to me last week.
I asked him if Klopp or Guardiola could win the league with either Everton or Spurs at the moment and his reply was that they couldn't because the players are not good enough....

Manager seem to have a life cycle where the most successful build up to a point where they are at their peak at a big club with big budgets but then their career tapers off as they get older, the clubs they manager are less high profile and the transfer budgets are more modest.

Carlo Ancelotti ran to Madrid because it gave him the opportunity to get back to an elite club..... an opportunity I would guess he thought had gone from him forever.

Everton are a midtable club as per our recent finish, but I think we do have maybe seven players capable of playing with a club in a far higher position......and we have an owner prepared to spend far more money than you would expect a club like Everton to spend.

It is this access to funds that gives Benitez or any other manager the opportunity to progress the club.

Is he good enough to do that time will tell......but then , every manager is a risk as we have seen all too well.

I wasn't going to acknowledge the bloke at the game but after all this if he does sign hats off to him he has balls and I'll be clapping the fella first game against Southampton.

He has until December for me.

the multi million pound huge wages paid up in a lump if he fails probably helps doesn’t it ? It not like he running into burning buildings like

Maybe they stupidly thought our fanbase wasn't full of cry babies?

I mean not liking the appointment is one thing but carrying on like some have before a ball has even been kicked and putting up offensive banners etc is hilariously stupid.

Can sort of understand Chelsea fans doing it mid season when they had the pick of some of the worlds best managers but come on whos available at present?

Howe?
Dunc?
Potter?
Nuno?

The fanbase isn't full of crybabies though. The number who wanted Ancelotti out proves that, because thankfully it was an extremely small minority.

In fact our fanbase are way too accepting of the utter rubbish that has been served up in recent years. It just wouldn't be accepted at any of the clubs above us who we are trying to compete with. We are a very patient bunch truth be told. Most of us are just tired following Everton.

Status
Not open for further replies.