Homepage Article Rafael Benitez Appointed Everton Manager

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thatls the first time I'v seen that again since it happened.

I'm not sure it's as damning as I thought it was.

He was talking specifically about Everton playing narrow and deep and setting up for a draw; then the interviewer introduced the issue of other teams coming to Anfield and manking it difficult for Liverpool to break down. He called those others 'the small clubs', and then said that 'they' [meaning Everton] tried to do the same in that derby.

That's a distinction made between us and the small clubs, not lumping us in with them, just saying we acted like a small club in that derby.

I actually think his clarification a year or so back on MNF was acurate and truthful.

That's what I've been saying - context matters.

He was clearly arsey and annoyed because he didn't win, but it was totally understandable and, critically, what he said was 100% correct.

Most of it is clearly a language thing to be honest - he meant "club with a negative approach to the game", which certainly defined Moyes' Everton correctly.

He was talking specifically about Everton playing narrow and deep and setting up for a draw; then the interviewer introduced the issue of other teams coming to Anfield and manking it difficult for Liverpool to break down. He called those others 'the small clubs', and then said that 'they' [meaning Everton] tried to do the same in that derby.

That's a distinction made between us and the small clubs, not lumping us in with them, just saying we acted like a small club in that derby.

I actually think his clarification a year or so back on MNF saying that was acurate and truthful.
Didnt it also come up couple years ago when he was commenting with carragher and carragher asked him about everton. He had back tracked back then.

Welcome Rafael I haven’t really got a problem with him, can’t say I like or dislike him, but seriously who is available imo he’s the best of a poor bunch. So if we are true Everton fans we need to get behind him, a lot of last season we were terrible and the before managers had a few bright moment but in the main we weren’t that good. Let hope it improves this season.
Mate.

You are absolutely entitled to your own opinion. But please don't try and tell others what they should and shouldn't do, and certainly don't judge them as bad Evertonian's just because they happen to disagree with you.

You absolutely hate the RS and everything to do with them. I don't think I've ever seen you say a half decent word about them or any of their players or managers. In fact every comment I recall seeing you make has been tinged with hate and spite.

No way would you accept this managerial appointment normally. In fact all you have to do is search your posts prior to June 1st 2021 that contain the word Benitez to understand what you really feel about the man. There are pages and pages of them and not a single one of them complimentary lol
And Benitez is our manager now. So why wouldn't I seek to accept that reality and underline the positives of having a manager more successful than most? I dindn't want him but he's ours. You either accept it and support the team he puts on the field or you throw toys out of a pram all day long.

Bend the knee to the fat RS Dave

there’s a good boy
He's nothing to with them now. But he is OUR MANAGER.

Bend your mind to accepting that and getting on with it, or you are going to have no football club to support for possibly years.

Your choice...

I actually think his clarification a year or so back on MNF saying that was acurate and truthful.
He knew exactly what he was saying and meant every word of it. You can tell there is a weird pause and look when he spits it out from both him and the interviewer.

He may not have believed it in reality (probably did, no reason not to to be honest) but he was deffo stirring the pot.

And Benitez is our manager now. So why wouldn't I seek to accept that reality and underline the positives of having a manager more successful than most? I dindn't want him but he's ours. You either accept it and support the team he puts on the field or you throw toys out of a pram all day long.
I will contintue to throw toys thanks.

At least I will be able to look at myself in the mirror when its all over.

Status
Not open for further replies.