2020/21 Richarlison

Status
Not open for further replies.
A little bit of team spirit and congratulations on winning an Olympic Gold Medal goes a long way. No need to knock it….
It's spin, orchestrated by a man spectacularly failing to deliver.

Wake up. This club take the piss so many times. I'm amazed how often people fall for it and praise them for it.

Wake up. This club take the piss so many times. I'm amazed how often people fall for it and praise them for it.

Of course it’s spin. But the players were smiling for a change and Richy deserves some applause for the achievement. If this were the RS there would be a Granada docuseries on it…..

Also imagine, IMAGINE thinking that a friggin' Olympic gold medal isn't a massive deal for an athlete in any context lol

Not so much in football though. An Olympic medal should represent the peak achievement of your sport. If it doesn’t, then the sport probably shouldn’t be in the Olympics.

You don’t have to see bad in everything.

Yes Brands is failing if his job is recruitment, but that doesn’t mean you have to belittle things like this. Makes you come across a bit arl arse.

An Olympic medal in football (for men) does not have a very high status - at least not in Europe. It's an amateur tournament. That's a fact. However, I'm happy on Richarlison's behalf. Then we can hope that this gives Richarlison renewed energy, and confidence to perform well for Everton.

Lol, no.

Simply not having it that an Olympic gold medal isn't anything other than peak achievement for an athlete, whether it's in a team discipline or not.

Then you would be wrong as clearly winning a World Cup or a Champions League far outweighs that achievement for a footballer.

Then you would be wrong as clearly winning a World Cup or a Champions League far outweighs that achievement for a footballer.
Of course the world Cup or champions league are bigger, even league championships, especially in certain leagues, but an Olympic Gold Medal has a global status, even if slightly less prestigious in this particular sport.

It is also by and large an age restricted tournament as well, so I would argue that it was at least on par if not more prestigious a tournament than some of the U23 domestic and international tournaments, and I would like to think we would congratulate anyone coming back with that type of achievement.

A very select few people will have the medal that Richarlison has earned, which is what makes them special.

This is not something to have a go about.

Of course the world Cup or champions league are bigger, even league championships, especially in certain leagues, but an Olympic Gold Medal has a global status, even if slightly less prestigious in this particular sport.

It is also by and large an age restricted tournament as well, so I would argue that it was at least on par if not more prestigious a tournament than some of the U23 domestic and international tournaments, and I would like to think we would congratulate anyone coming back with that type of achievement.

A very select few people will have the medal that Richarlison has earned, which is what makes them special.

This is not something to have a go about.

Not ‘having a go’. Just pointing out that an Olympic gold medal is not the peak achievement in football. And will never be regarded as such. Nothing controversial about that.

An Olympic medal in football (for men) does not have a very high status - at least not in Europe. It's an amateur tournament. That's a fact. However, I'm happy on Richarlison's behalf. Then we can hope that this gives Richarlison renewed energy, and confidence to perform well for Everton.
All the Spanish players looked pretty gutted when they got beat in the final. Given the calibre of players in their squad I don't think they thought the competition was amateur.

Status
Not open for further replies.