Everton Summer transfers 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am a big fan of Brands, I know that is a touchy subject on here....but I think this transfer window the reality of Everton situation is clear and the mistakes of the last few years are starting to really hit home...

Again I know this is not a popular opinion and if I am honest I can't say I am happy with it myself but we have to face the reality of Everton's position and how we move forward - STABILITY.

I think hate or love it we are stuck with Rafael, because we can not spend another 5 years playing football monopoly, constantly landing on the go to jail Square and having to start all over again....

Never thought I would be wishing for Moyes and the stability that he offered us, I was no fan of Moyes if only for his complete faith in Hibbert (why) yet at West Ham he is proving to be a truly quality manager....but that has passed and we need to back the team and pray that we don't loose ground to the likes of West Ham, Villa, Lecister, even Leeds.
The club will have to adjust its expectations from now on. The board can’t seriously expect CL football with the current squad. Outside chance of Europe at best.

Stability for a few years and look to push on in the new stadium seems like the sensible plan in the short term. Probably sell one of Richy or DCL and look to reinvest wisely.

These players contributed nothing to Everton last season for various reasons:

Gbamin, Delph, Gordon, Branthwaite, Townsend, Gray, Rondon.

Now if we’d said before the window that we’ll bring in two back up midfielders to support Allan and Docuoure, we’ll bring in two first team wingers and a young prospect to cover, we’ll draft in a highly rated young centreback, and we’ll bring in a decent foil for DCL upfront. The only thing anyone would be saying would be about the right back. I’d much rather make use of capability we have in the team than waste yet more money.

Gordon and Branthwaite deserve chances. If Gbamin is fit then he needs to play, same with Delph if he’s staying.

10th to 14th it is for us this season. Let's just try to hit the 40 points and start planning for next season. No way we escape this without any injuries to key players. If Digne, Allan, Doucouré or DCL get injured then we're screwed. So much for two good players for every position.

I am a big fan of Brands, I know that is a touchy subject on here....but I think this transfer window the reality of Everton situation is clear and the mistakes of the last few years are starting to really hit home...

Again I know this is not a popular opinion and if I am honest I can't say I am happy with it myself but we have to face the reality of Everton's position and how we move forward - STABILITY.

I think hate or love it we are stuck with Rafael, because we can not spend another 5 years playing football monopoly, constantly landing on the go to jail Square and having to start all over again....

Never thought I would be wishing for Moyes and the stability that he offered us, I was no fan of Moyes if only for his complete faith in Hibbert (why) yet at West Ham he is proving to be a truly quality manager....but that has passed and we need to back the team and pray that we don't loose ground to the likes of West Ham, Villa, Lecister, even Leeds.
How about the mistakes of Brands aee starting to hit home.
He has bought players that underperform and he can't shift.

Now if we’d said before the window that we’ll bring in two back up midfielders to support Allan and Docuoure, we’ll bring in two first team wingers and a young prospect to cover, we’ll draft in a highly rated young centreback, and we’ll bring in a decent foil for DCL upfront. The only thing anyone would be saying would be about the right back. I’d much rather make use of capability we have in the team than waste yet more money.

Gordon and Branthwaite deserve chances. If Gbamin is fit then he needs to play, same with Delph if he’s staying.

It’s a real stretch to claim Delph as like a new signing.
We’ve had a very mediocre window at best (I’m sure even Benitez would say so given his ‘2 or 3’ didn’t materialise).

I'm neutral on him mate. For some reason he seems to polarise people, and there's never anything balanced.

He isnt given any credit for signing players but gets the stick when we get a bad one. People seem to think some signings are "his" signings and some are the manager's whereas in reality he signs off on all transfers regardless of whether they were suggested by the manager or by the recruitment dept. The recruitment dept is headed by Steinsson. Blaming Brands for some deals and not giving him credit for others is a total nonsense and betrays a complete misunderstanding of how the club works.

What I find him culpable for is allowing us to get into the position of being this far into P&L issues. On the one hand you'd have divvy fans moaning that he wasn't spending enough, but on the other he's knowingly walked us into a position where we are shopping at Barnardos when a more balanced approach over the last few years (not buying Kean at all given we had a good young striker ahead of him, not agreeing £200k pw to a player who can seemingly only play for one manager, not agreeing £100k pw for Mina, etc) is what he should probably be carrying the can for. Granted, he's had issues to contend with that he inherited and time seems to be blinding people to that, but we could have been more prudent since then. He's not got the balance right between still trying to remain competitive and getting us on an even keel.

In short, the mess of this window is not entirely Brands' fault, but he certainly shares some of the blame, a fair chunk of it actually.

It’s a real stretch to claim Delph as like a new signing.
We’ve had a very mediocre window at best (I’m sure even Benitez would say so given his ‘2 or 3’ didn’t materialise).

If Benitez can get him to a level where he is able to rotate in for one of Allan or Docuoure and not be one of the worst midfielders in the premier league then yes he’ll be offering more than anything Davies Gomes Siggurdson or Bernard did last season.

I love Coleman, but we have to know he is not going to be able to play every game this season, the last 3 seasons he has played less league games year on year, 29, 27 and 25. Even if he matches last year we will have 13 games when he is out we will have to rely on Kenny or Holgate at RB
Oh no mate I agree, he can’t play every game. It’s not like it used to be were by full backs mostly defended. It’s one of the most physically demanding jobs in the team nowadays. It’s not fair to put that on him, it’s only going to sour his legacy here

spot on! Plus keep hold of our best players..Only question mark for me is swapping Kean for Rondon.

If Benitez can get him to a level where he is able to rotate in for one of Allan or Docuoure and not be one of the worst midfielders in the premier league then yes he’ll be offering more than anything Davies Gomes Siggurdson or Bernard did last season.

Not going well is it though - he’s injured (surprisingly)

I'm neutral on him mate. For some reason he seems to polarise people, and there's never anything balanced.

He isnt given any credit for signing players but gets the stick when we get a bad one. People seem to think some signings are "his" signings and some are the manager's whereas in reality he signs off on all transfers regardless of whether they were suggested by the manager or by the recruitment dept. The recruitment dept is headed by Steinsson. Blaming Brands for some deals and not giving him credit for others is a total nonsense and betrays a complete misunderstanding of how the club works.

What I find him culpable for is allowing us to get into the position of being this far into P&L issues. On the one hand you'd have divvy fans moaning that he wasn't spending enough, but on the other he's knowingly walked us into a position where we are shopping at Barnardos when a more balanced approach over the last few years (not buying Kean at all given we had a good young striker ahead of him, not agreeing £200k pw to a player who can seemingly only play for one manager, not agreeing £100k pw for Mina, etc) is what he should probably be carrying the can for. Granted, he's had issues to contend with that he inherited and time seems to be blinding people to that, but we could have been more prudent since then. He's not got the balance right between still trying to remain competitive and getting us on an even keel.

In short, the mess of this window is not entirely Brands' fault, but he certainly shares some of the blame, a fair chunk of it actually.
Absolutely no place on this forum for any kind of sensible statements so please keep these to a minimum.

Oh mate, very poor effort this summer. Best of luck in January

Very poor if you ignore the fact that I said Rondon was back on. Nkonkou going out on loan.

The fact I clearly stated several times that our incomings depends on our outgoings.

The fact I stated that people will be disappointed as Rafael wanted to work with what we already had.

I can't help the fact that some clubs turned down our approaches.

Status
Not open for further replies.