Everton Summer transfers 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bollox

James staying is the best thing about this window, unless Gray continues his fine form.

It only becomes a problem if the manager makes it one. If he's the saviour you all make out he'll find a way to integrate him into the squad.

James for his part needs to work hard and get himself fit.
The writing in Bold says everything....

Same James that showed a complete lack of disdain last year by downing tools, a hero in Colombia and even the national manager threw him to the scrapeheap. Let's not have blinkers, nobody else wanted him for a reason, no doubt a serious talent but spare me the him staying is the best thing that happened this window.

People won’t like it but this is the scenario we have always been in. The board could get us out of it in one fell swoop by selling DCL Richarlison Digne Godfrey, but we haven’t sold our best player since the sale of Gueye for a very tidy fee back in 2018. How many other mid table clubs can say the same?
Since that period we’ve also added Docuoure Allan James and Godfrey whilst getting rid of some deadwood.

People won’t like this particular window but the squad now is better than it was last season, and a lot better than it was in previous seasons before that.
If we sold DCL , Richarlison, Digne and Godfrey we would be certs for relegation.
Excellent strategy amigo.

The writing in Bold says everything....

Same James that showed a complete lack of disdain last year by downing tools, a hero in Colombia and even the national manager threw him to the scrapeheap. Let's not have blinkers, nobody else wanted him for a reason, no doubt a serious talent but spare me the him staying is the best thing that happened this window.
When did this happen?

He was injured at the end of the season and given permission to leave by the club?

Let's not make things up.

If Benitez can get him to a level where he is able to rotate in for one of Allan or Docuoure and not be one of the worst midfielders in the premier league then yes he’ll be offering more than anything Davies Gomes Siggurdson or Bernard did last season.

He can't stay fit, that's the issue. Like, we know James is bad but Delph literally played 10 mins the other day v Leeds and managed to injure his shoulder and miss the next two games.

He's now probably our back up left-back, but what's the point in a back-up who's never fit?

Very poor if you ignore the fact that I said Rondon was back on. Nkonkou going out on loan.

The fact I clearly stated several times that our incomings depends on our outgoings.

The fact I stated that people will be disappointed as Rafael wanted to work with what we already had.

I can't help the fact that some clubs turned down our approaches.
You said we were signing three players yesterday!

Very poor if you ignore the fact that I said Rondon was back on. Nkonkou going out on loan.

The fact I clearly stated several times that our incomings depends on our outgoings.

The fact I stated that people will be disappointed as Rafael wanted to work with what we already had.

I can't help the fact that some clubs turned down our approaches.
I don't know whether you get info or not mate.

But,

Rondon was the most banked on signing ever. Indeed, there was reports a few weeks ago that we had an initial approach rebuffed but would be back in for him, with Kean going. Nkounkou has been pushing for a loan for weeks - this was also known to anyone with an Athletic subscription as they've been reporting it with the Small stuff.

'Our incomings depend on our outgoings'. Yes, again mate, literally any Everton fan who has two brain cells could have told you that.

Benitez may well have wanted to work with what he had but we went into the last day of the window with hopes of signing three players.

He can't stay fit, that's the issue. Like, we know James is bad but Delph literally played 10 mins the other day v Leeds and managed to injure his shoulder and miss the next two games.

He's now probably our back up left-back, but what's the point in a back-up who's never fit?
Add Gbamin to that list.
At least James Delph and Gbamin are doing their bit when in comes keeping our physio in gainful employment.

The club will have to adjust its expectations from now on. The board can’t seriously expect CL football with the current squad. Outside chance of Europe at best.

Stability for a few years and look to push on in the new stadium seems like the sensible plan in the short term. Probably sell one of Richy or DCL and look to reinvest wisely.
I know what you mean, but the expectation is good and to be welcomed, I think it's more about application right - the experience over the last 5 years has to understand and learned from. A Rafael/Brands partnership might have a lot calling for blood, but if successful and we can start to climb the table, new stadium, increased fan base, match day revenue, corporate investment.

Selling players is always going to be a reality and I really like this focus on 19-25 players all wanting success, that we can each get something from is a winning formula.

When did this happen?

He was injured at the end of the season and given permission to leave by the club?

Let's not make things up.

Carlo Ancelotti said: "James is out because he was a little bit tired.

"He didn’t play, he was out, then he played against Sheffield, we prefer not to take a risk."

He rushed back to Colombia and declared himself fit to play Copa America only for the national team to turn their back on him. Listen i don't think anyone doesn't want to see James do well at Everton but they're right to question his desire and determination.

Status
Not open for further replies.