Everton Summer transfers 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just answered this with someone else

Delph - train wreck
Gomes - that deal was always going to happen as he was at the club before Brands
Mina - that could have gone either way, but your right, not built for the premiership, but he can dance lol
Iwobi - he didn't sign him
Kean - on paper the right signing and we are selling him on for a profit

Gomes wasn’t here before Brands

I think people just want quality footballers. As fans, I don’t think we should be satisfied with a mid table team. I don’t think the club should be either.
The club have very clearly made mistakes though, and they're mistakes that we're now paying for and are trying to rectify.

'Billionaire owner' or not, we can't just keep trying to spend our way out of those mistakes forever. We've clearly been forced into a different tact this summer.

We made bids for Diaz, maitland niles , Patterson and Jebbison apparently.
And then didn't spend a penny.
Some thing really doesn't add up there .
And we all laughed at Slippery laughing.
We could of moved more out but we've had a solid start to the season

Bring in a Free agent like Aurier or someone who is good enough to start and have an attacking output from rightback and I think we will be fine
Gomes says no thanks.

The boardroom needs looking at. Are kenwright brands and baxendale etc the answer? To me theyre part of the issue. We need people on board who have tasted consistent success not ones who dream of it. The whole faff of kenwright being told by a director of another club I'd think what everton would do is bananas. If I were that director I'd think the opposite. It's a club full of cobwebs

So are the net spend crew happy or sad?

And are they the same gang that want to spend loads on players and not spend anything at the same time?
I don't think anybody can be genuinely happy about this window, net spend or not. Some have stoically accepted it due to our financial situation and others have put on a brave face but we have left the window, once again, with an unbalanced squad. My biggest worry this year is about how thin our squad looks in several positions. The right side has still not been addressed, central midfield looks weak behind the first 11 and having only one senior LB looks foolish.

No. What is written in bold is what it says on the tin. He needs to get himself fit. He was sluggish in preseason and, for whatever reason, has missed at least 2 week of training with the squad. He needs to work hard over the International break to get his fitness levels up.

As regards the transfer window, what have we actually done this window that is so great? Everybody on here will probably agree that we had a poor window, and many would actually say it was a catastrophe. Certainly going by last nights comments in here. So saying that he was the best thing to happen in the window is no great shakes. Plus I even added the caveat "unless Gray continues his fine form" He's started great but I'm not going overboard about him after 3 games. But if he keeps it up then it's been an inspired signing for such a low fee.

As regards downing tools you really have as much clue as I do over what really happened. But I do agree with the general point you make. I call it unreliability. I think James will be disturbed by the lack of interest in him this summer on the back of being omitted from the Copa America squad, and will be sensible enough to realise that the only way to get his career back on track is to knuckle down and get back into contention here. That depends on his own motivation levels, so I guess we'll see.
I hope he does realise he is in last chance Saloon, no manager apart from Ancellotti and a weak manager would have indulged him like last year. Benitez isn't that so he has no choice. All depends now if Benitez is the forgiving type. I hope I'm wrong but I doubt it. As for being a disaster of a window I don't agree, could we have done more yes, without a doubt we could have got another right back in, seems that Patterson was the one we wanted. I necessarily don't think it's a bad thing that we refused to pay over the odds for him. We also reduced the wage bill and Gray and Townsend have started well. By the looks of things Benitez seems to be getting a tune out of Iwobi, as much as I disliked Benitez and his appointment any man that can win a champions league with Djimi Traore and Vladimir Smicer can no doubt get the best out of average players. Just going to have to hope he does the same here.

My only hope is that being frugal this summer will allow spending next summer, where we will pick up the targets identified in this window, such as Richarlison leaving and being replaced by Diaz, Patterson replacing Coleman etc.
Even though it's been disappointing we need to become more sustainable in our transfers and if there isn't a viable target available, not just going out and buying anyone to fill a gap.
Hopefully also players like Kenny and Gordon get game time (fortunately or unfortunately) with the future proof of increasing value to sell for decent money, just like the RS do with their youths that aren't going to make it! Going out on loans hasn't done anything for their market value or publicising their talents.

Only you would still be banging on about money that we NEVER spent.

Let's be honest, you haven't got a clue if that kid would become our next Seamus Coleman and the best 8 million we ever spent.
I watched him play and he's a player you wouldn't be handing £8-£10M over for which is what Gerrard wanted. He's about as good a prosepct as any we have in the academy.

Status
Not open for further replies.