Everton Summer transfers 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, Begovic, Lonergan, Townsend, Gray and Rondon is better than the window when we signed Lukaku and Barry? OK.
So far in terms of contributions yes. But I hear your point. And we had a decent window last year tbf. But on the whole over 10 years the very fast majority windows have been bad. In hindsight.

sounds like an everton signing

will probably sign mendy too when he comes out of prison as digne's backup no doubt

Everyone wants to moan about Coleman's age etc and Kenny's so bad noone even wanted him. Got a moderately quality RB as a free agent in his prime years so why not. Oh I forgot cause we have holgate and godfrey (who might be needed as a LB this season) who have played RB....

Erm.. do you not remember heads falling off on Saturday when the teamsheet came out?? lol
Do you really want to see an Everton team with Delph at left back and Holgate/Kenny at right back? That's a pretty likely scenario this season now. Now imagine those full backs managing Man City or the RS's wide forwards. I'm delighted we have picked up 7 points against Southampton, Leeds and Brighton, I'll be honest it has exceeded my expectations, but we have to play teams of much higher quality and this squad is threadbare.

Spotted Marcel and Moshiri putting this up on the pitch this morning, UTFT

Attachments

• 80CAEC84-1E89-4674-A995-FE199DE84E8D.jpeg
    80CAEC84-1E89-4674-A995-FE199DE84E8D.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 66
Too many people went all in on the Moshiri/Benitez hype train and are now in a very tricky position trying to save face (@Death described the window as the best in 10 years, then terrible within two sentences, for example). Nobody can realistically say that this has been a good window, very few players have left and very little quality has come in (with maybe the exception of Gray, it's early days but it looks promising for him so far). We have also increased the average age of the squad which is rarely a good thing.
Lol cling on to that. Feeding off scraps.

These players contributed nothing to Everton last season for various reasons:

Gbamin, Delph, Gordon, Branthwaite, Townsend, Gray, Rondon.

Now if we’d said before the window that we’ll bring in two back up midfielders to support Allan and Docuoure, we’ll bring in two first team wingers and a young prospect to cover, we’ll draft in a highly rated young centreback, and we’ll bring in a decent foil for DCL upfront. The only thing anyone would be saying would be about the right back. I’d much rather make use of capability we have in the team than waste yet more money.

Gordon and Branthwaite deserve chances. If Gbamin is fit then he needs to play, same with Delph if he’s staying.
You can’t count Fabian Delph-Injured, another of our double barreled name players, as an option, he’s a permacroc and, much as I hope I am wrong, Gbamin has to be an optimistic one as well. I can’t see Benitez giving too much game time to Gordon or Branthwaite either.

One positive from this window is that all the players we've signed genuinely seem like they are excited to be playing for us and are willing to work hard.

No sulking primadonnas, no 'I'm too good for this team', no players looking to immediately move on or wanting a payday...just hard working players who want to contribute.

Very poor if you ignore the fact that I said Rondon was back on. Nkonkou going out on loan.

The fact I clearly stated several times that our incomings depends on our outgoings.

The fact I stated that people will be disappointed as Rafael wanted to work with what we already had.

I can't help the fact that some clubs turned down our approaches.
You and your hero Benitez love fachts don’t you?

Status
Not open for further replies.