Everton Summer transfers 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you really want to see an Everton team with Delph at left back and Holgate/Kenny at right back? That's a pretty likely scenario this season now. Now imagine those full backs managing Man City or the RS's wide forwards. I'm delighted we have picked up 7 points against Southampton, Leeds and Brighton, I'll be honest it has exceeded my expectations, but we have to play teams of much higher quality and this squad is threadbare.
That would depend on Delph-Injured being fit. We’ve gone from adequate cover at left back to a Digne injury away from square pegs in round holes. The left back position is nearly as bad as the right back position now. Stronger after the window my arse.

Do you really want to see an Everton team with Delph at left back and Holgate/Kenny at right back? That's a pretty likely scenario this season now. Now imagine those full backs managing Man City or the RS's wide forwards. I'm delighted we have picked up 7 points against Southampton, Leeds and Brighton, I'll be honest it has exceeded my expectations, but we have to play teams of much higher quality and this squad is threadbare.
We won all sorts of games with Holgate & Godfrey as our full backs last season

I think we'll be disappointed next Summer as well when it comes to our transfer budget. looks like it's going to be more of the same as this Summer and a case of treading water for the next few years.

Next year's budget will be based on Richarlison bringing in £80m (give or take) and that will be able to be reinvested.

We'll also have James' £7,000,000 per-minute wages off the books, as well as Tosun's £120k a week (see, that's the actual issue!), Delph's £90-100k p/wk and Sigurdsson (as it stands) and his £100kish off. That's the guarantees, I think.

We actually recouped something like £400k in weekly wages leaving the club this summer (when you include Kean), we just got nothing in the way of fees.

Yes playing a style of play that we then couldn't get out of when we actually needed to, and all we were able to do was defend. If we conceded the first goal it was game over, wasn't it.

Not saying it can't be done and at least now we have wingers who want to actually do what wingers too, so that's a bonus, but it's not really the position we wanted to be in.

Why could we not have gone and got Conor Roberts from Swansea? He cost £2.5m, was one of the best players in the Championship last season and can play on both flanks????

Next year's budget will be based on Richarlison bringing in £80m (give or take) and that will be able to be reinvested.

We'll also have James' £7,000,000 per-minute wages off the books, as well as Tosun's £120k a week (see, that's the actual issue!), Delph's £90-100k p/wk and Sigurdsson (as it stands) and his £100kish off. That's the guarantees, I think.

We actually recouped something like £400k in weekly wages leaving the club this summer (when you include Kean), we just got nothing in the way of fees.

lollollol

In fact, just reading up on that Roberts deal, it is absolutely mental we weren't in for him.

Like, unforgivable.

He's 25, a regular international, loves to get forward but not afraid of defending. Like, how mad is that.

£2.5m!!!!

But of course, our scouting is limited to players our manager at the time has previously liked or had playing under him, and a youth player Rangers didn't want to sell.

In fact, just reading up on that Roberts deal, it is absolutely mental we weren't in for him.

Like, unforgivable.

He's 25, a regular international, loves to get forward but not afraid of defending. Like, how mad is that.

£2.5m!!!!

But of course, our scouting is limited to players our manager at the time has previously liked or had playing under him, and a youth player Rangers didn't want to sell.

Swansea RB? He's not as good as Coleman.

This season will be different the width will come from the wide players and not the full backs there main job will be to defend and that's why I think we went cold on Dumfries when benitez came in

It just doesn't compute really mate

There's no reason why James couldn't play on the right side of an attacking three if the set up behind him was right. Three in midfield.

It's an option to change to for some games, an in others it could be in-game and then in others not at all. And he can of course fit in as the '10' if there is pace either side of him.

It's down to good coaching and tactical nous. Both of which Premier League managers should have.

We also have an awful record with injuries so it's highly unlikely we'll ever have all of our squad fit at once.
The reason is we're currently not doing any of these things. Every single player has to operate differently and yes we can do it but that doesn't mean we should.

I think if he plays the #10 spot it should be a straight swap for Richarlison. I don't want Richarlison on the wing in this 4-2-3-1 set up either.

Swansea RB? He's not as good as Coleman.

Yes.

I didn't say he was as good as Coleman. I watched him a fair bit last year and liked what I saw though. I don't think he's going to tear the league apart or anything, but for £2.5m (!!!) it would surely have been a smart acquisition? When I saw he'd gone to Burnley I assumed it would have been for £7-8m, something in that range.

25, definitely a big improvement on Kenny and would have been able to be rotated with Coleman with the plan then being to go and get another right-back when Coleman's time is fully up?

It wouldn't have been ideal, but we're talking relative pittance there and not big wages either

Status
Not open for further replies.