Everton Summer transfers 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
The reason is we're currently not doing any of these things. Every single player has to operate differently and yes we can do it but that doesn't mean we should.

I think if he plays the #10 spot it should be a straight swap for Richarlison. I don't want Richarlison on the wing in this 4-2-3-1 set up either.

We played 3 in midfield in the last 15 mins v Leeds.

It's just options to have mate.

Blame Brands for it all though; easiest thing to do.

Well he's part of it isn't he.

Just like Moshiri is part of it, and Kenwright is and the rest of the useless tossers at the top of the club, as well as previous managers and DoFs.

All take their fair share of the blame.

Brands has been here 3 years though and not one person actually seems to know what his role is and frankly I think that can be said of everyone at the club too - he's like a spare part dressed up as a negotiator which he's actually proved in recent windows not to be very good at.

May have been posted in this mega- thread that grows ten pages in an hour, apologies if so.

Serge Aurier released outright by Spurs by mutual agreement. Down to the fourth option on the depth chart at RB so they just shook hands and walked away.

He's 28. Not going to get any better. Won't have resale value unless he jumpstarts his career somewhere. Gifted player but prone to the occasional catastrophe resulting in goal, which is a movie we have seen often of course.

The Koemanesque thing to do would be to sign such a player for three years on a massive wage.

The Rafaesqe thing to do would be to see if we can get him in on a one-year deal, on decent wages, with upside if he can establish himself as the successor to Coleman for the next 2-3 years.

He will get his share of attention, in the rumor mill if not in actuality. Very quickly saw Roma and Real Betis as other potential suitors. He'd have to decide whether to get the starting job at a smaller club or in a lesser league, or compete for time in a bigger situation.

Wonder if he'd be interested in joining his fellow Ivorian JPG here.

If the money wasn't outrageous - and remember there's no transfer fee - I'd definitely make a run at him.

Leicester seem to be pretty good
at selling key players replacing them and not becoming worse.

That's because they're smart about it.

They buy in advance. Don't get me wrong, they've had some flops too, every team does, but when they have known that a player is going to move on then what they usually do is buy their replacement in advance.

Kante aside as he was only there one season, they replaced Maguire a year before Maguire was actually sold by buying Soyuncu, who had a season to settle into the league before then being required to be a regular.

Chilwell - they brought through Thomas but also signed Justin the year before and had him molded into playing left-back, going on to supplement that with Castagne.

Ndidi - I imagine he'll be off soon enough, so they've gone and bought Soumare who will be seen as his 'like-for-like' replacement.

Even Mahrez, they knew they had Barnes in the academy though probably were surprised at how quickly he developed on loan at West Brom. They also used that money to go and get Maddison and then also added more quality with Tielemans IIRC.

The tricky one for them, and this is what's helped them so much, is Vardy. It's easy to mess with the squad if you know you've got a regular 15-goal a season player. However, it looks like they've made the punt on that Daka who will have a year or two to see if he makes the grade until Vardy retires/slows down.

May have been posted in this mega- thread that grows ten pages in an hour, apologies if so.

Serge Aurier released outright by Spurs by mutual agreement. Down to the fourth option on the depth chart at RB so they just shook hands and walked away.

He's 28. Not going to get any better. Won't have resale value unless he jumpstarts his career somewhere. Gifted player but prone to the occasional catastrophe resulting in goal, which is a movie we have seen often of course.

The Koemanesque thing to do would be to sign such a player for three years on a massive wage.

The Rafaesqe thing to do would be to see if we can get him in on a one-year deal, on decent wages, with upside if he can establish himself as the successor to Coleman for the next 2-3 years.

He will get his share of attention, in the rumor mill if not in actuality. Very quickly saw Roma and Real Betis as other potential suitors. He'd have to decide whether to get the starting job at a smaller club or in a lesser league, or compete for time in a bigger situation.

If the money wasn't outrageous - and remember there's no transfer fee - I'd definitely make a run at him.

He's a headcase

Known to be a bit of a nutter though. One year deal I'd take, but anything more than that we might screw ourselves over again.

Im not sure this is that bad a call, in all fairness, provides cover which we need, cost very little, which we need, yes he is prone and my Spuds mates arent/weren't that keen on him but a 1 year deal, would suit both maybe?

I mentioned it on here last night, I've got a Spurs mate and he used to say that Aurier was a liability whenever he played, had to many mistakes in him and was a terrible footballer.

Status
Not open for further replies.