Everton January 2022 Transfer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
For me a midfielder is even more crucial than a right back. Holgate or Godfrey covering Coleman whilst not ideal doesn’t completely destroy the team. What does ruin us is Davies coming into midfield especially if it’s due to a Docuoure injury. Allan plus Gomes/Davies is far too slow l, and Docuoure plus either of those two isn’t much better. We need another quick midfielder to take the burden off those two starters. One who is fit and available as well not like Gbamin and Delph.

The problem with not having a right back is that it doesnt only negatively affect that position, it also affects:

1: Godfreys development at Centre back
2: Keane playing at Centre back
3: Partnerships in the team.

Effectively, we need a CB, RB, CM and RW.

United being linked with Mukiele at RB Leipzig as back up for Wan Bissaka. Exactly the sort of RB we should be after - French 23 year old, great athlete, tackles everything on his side of the pitch and contract ends in 2023 so price shouldn't be ridiculous. Perhaps not most creative but for me top requirement of RB is to defend. I suspect Rafael thinks along same lines.

Mazraoui is out of contract next summer. I think he'd be a better bet than Mukiele.

…I thought Aaron’s did ok against us, certainly one of their better performers but I would like to think we could do better for less.

No doubt we could find a gem for cheaper, we may even find the future worlds best right back.

The difference is of course that you know what youre getting with Aarons. There wont be any culture shocks, adaptation period nor real risk to the deal compared with someone wed be signing at a cheaper price, most likely.

The Club made a
He is not available for selection, we didnt name him in our squad.

He is suspended, nobody knows if that is with or without pay, personally I think its without pay, but nobody knows either way.
The Club made a CHOICE not to name him in the squad, right? As in, they could have chosen to name him, and then he could have played. As it happens I think the Club made the right choice BUT until Voldemort is arrested and formally charged there is no TECHNICAL reason why the Club was PREVENTED from naming him in the squad. (Has he been arrested and charged? I've not seen any report to that effect - happy to be corrected.)

If he had been arrested and charged then he could, in theory, have been denied bail and remanded in custody, making it impossible for him to play. Or he could have been remanded on bail with conditions that would make it impossible to feature in certain fixtures ( a reporting condition, or an onerous curfew, or a requirement not to travel outside of a set radius of his normal address ).

It's a very serious allegation, and a terribly emotive one. But until he is arrested and charged, it's an allegation only. Normal employment laws don't allow an employer to refuse to pay someone's wage just because the employer chooses not to have the employee carry out his normal tasks due to an allegation of an offence. Presumption of innocence, and all that.

None of the above should be taken as an opinion as to innocence or guilt. Just an explanation as to certain aspects of the legal process.

The Club made a
The Club made a CHOICE not to name him in the squad, right? As in, they could have chosen to name him, and then he could have played. As it happens I think the Club made the right choice BUT until Voldemort is arrested and formally charged there is no TECHNICAL reason why the Club was PREVENTED from naming him in the squad. (Has he been arrested and charged? I've not seen any report to that effect - happy to be corrected.)

If he had been arrested and charged then he could, in theory, have been denied bail and remanded in custody, making it impossible for him to play. Or he could have been remanded on bail with conditions that would make it impossible to feature in certain fixtures ( a reporting condition, or an onerous curfew, or a requirement not to travel outside of a set radius of his normal address ).

It's a very serious allegation, and a terribly emotive one. But until he is arrested and charged, it's an allegation only. Normal employment laws don't allow an employer to refuse to pay someone's wage just because the employer chooses not to have the employee carry out his normal tasks due to an allegation of an offence. Presumption of innocence, and all that.

None of the above should be taken as an opinion as to innocence or guilt. Just an explanation as to certain aspects of the legal process.

He's been suspended by the club mate, thus making him unavailable for selection.

He's been suspended by the club mate, thus making him unavailable for selection.
Sigh.

Yes mate, I am aware of that.

The point is, the Club had other options available to them (admittedly unpalatable ones) thus rendering the suspension one of CHOICE. Therefore the CLUB has made him unavailable, therefore no basis to deny him his wage on account of being unavailable.

As before, I think the Club made the right call. However at this precise moment it is hard to see a normal legal basis for refusing to pay him. It would take a specific clause in his contract to provide for this scenario, and I don't see many agents accepting such a clause in the first place - too open to abuse.

Status
Not open for further replies.