2021/22 Richarlison

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cant say fairer than that can you? Loves it here but does not know what the future holds.
Lets hope we get him back on the pitch sooner rather than later.

He'll want to play on the big stage for one of the big boys with the top players and where he'll win trophies, can't blame him because he's never going to get that with us.

He'll want to play on the big stage for one of the big boys with the top players and where he'll win trophies, can't blame him because he's never going to get that with us.

I really can't see PSG not coming in for him if Mbappe leaves. Leonardo loves him and frankly he's better for Poch's system than any of that front three in terms of work rate (if Poch is still there mind). Obviously the Neymar factor too (not to mention Messi).

On the other hand, if for whatever reason Mbappe doesn't leave to Madrid, then I equally wouldn't be surprised to see those go for him. Again, assuming Ancelotti is still there (who knows on that), then that's a big pull. Richarlison loved playing for Carlo. Whether we think he regressed or not, they really rate each other. But if they don't get Mbappe, I think they'd want a bigger statement signing like Haaland (though I'd find it mad if City aren't all over him, depending if anything happens with Kane in January)

Would try our best to keep him at the club but he isn't worth the £85-100 million the club would likely ask for so if a PSG or Athletico etc offered that I would deffo take it if he did want to go.

Bring in Diaz + a quality RW and some cash left over for a first choice RB & option at CM to cover Doucoure/Allan and the squad is stronger overall.

I really can't see PSG not coming in for him if Mbappe leaves. Leonardo loves him and frankly he's better for Poch's system than any of that front three in terms of work rate (if Poch is still there mind). Obviously the Neymar factor too (not to mention Messi).

On the other hand, if for whatever reason Mbappe doesn't leave to Madrid, then I equally wouldn't be surprised to see those go for him. Again, assuming Ancelotti is still there (who knows on that), then that's a big pull. Richarlison loved playing for Carlo. Whether we think he regressed or not, they really rate each other. But if they don't get Mbappe, I think they'd want a bigger statement signing like Haaland (though I'd find it mad if City aren't all over him, depending if anything happens with Kane in January)

He'll deffo have plenty of suitors Toff. I just hope it doesn't get ugly if we start asking for ridiculous money that makes teams walk away and that in turn gets Richarlison's tail up and he starts handing in a transfer request because at the end of the day we know he can get a titty lip over the slightest thing.

Sell in summer for anything over £70m, not expecting him to do much this season so £70m would be stunning money for a guy who will have been pants for two seasons running.

He'll deffo have plenty of suitors Toff. I just hope it doesn't get ugly if we start asking for ridiculous money that makes teams walk away and that in turn gets Richarlison's tail up and he starts handing in a transfer request because at the end of the day we know he can get a titty lip over the slightest thing.

Tbf I don't think it would. Richarlison knows how valuable he is to us and he'll be told (or have been told) of that valuation. It'll probably be around £70m which is absolutely fair enough

Sell in summer for anything over £70m, not expecting him to do much this season so £70m would be stunning money for a guy who will have been pants for two seasons running.

I mean why are you expecting him to do nothing this season?

Yes, he had a poor season last season. Still scored 13 goals. He scored 15 in both of his previous seasons.

What a strange post.

I mean why are you expecting him to do nothing this season?

Yes, he had a poor season last season. Still scored 13 goals. He scored 15 in both of his previous seasons.

What a strange post.

He scored 7 in 34 prem league games last season, that is terrible for someone who was meant to be worth £100m, it wasnt just lack of goals either, he was just straight up bad in all departments bar work rate. Have people seriously forgotten how bad he was ?

Im not expecting much better this season either and I’m not sure why anyone would expect much better given he’s still not looking particularly great and will also suffer from fatigue due to no real rest, plus he is clearly already thinking about moving next summer only a few weeks into the season.

Last edited:
He scored 7 in 34 prem league games last season, that is terrible for someone who was meant to be worth £100m, it wasnt just lack of goals either, he was just straight up bad in all departments bar work rate. Have people seriously forgotten how bad he was ?

Im not expecting much better this season either and I’m not sure why anyone would expect much better given he’s still not looking particularly great and will also suffer from fatigue due to no real rest, plus he is clearly already thinking about moving next summer only a few weeks into the season.
He wasn't that bad though, was he?

He was poor by his standards after actually making a very impressive start to the season. Had the suspension and injury and when he came back fully we were playing 4 CBs at the back with Richarlison basically playing on top of Godfrey for a few games.

He moved up front in Jan/Feb time and suddenly looked half like himself again.

Yes, overall he had a poor season, in extremely strange circumstances with no fans which he thrives off. But he wasn't some dreadful League One standard player. He scored 13 goals in all comps in 40 games. It's not up to his usual standard but in terms of raw numbers not far off what he got in his other seasons, and he didn't play particularly well for an extended run.

As for your 'not expecting much better' - well he was brilliant against Southampton. He isn't a number 10 and struggled there v Leeds, he worked hard and played okay v Brighton, the penalty incident marred it. His only other game was against Burnley up against two grock CBs with us punting it long. He didn't play badly at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.